Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales, the Regional Sales Director (RSD), Dealer Sales West, will have responsibility for the development and execution of sales strategies, initiatives and action plans designed to drive sustained profitable dealer share growth within the West region. This leader will also effectively manage, motivate and develop Territory Managers (TM's) to deliver sales goals aligned to company, region and territory objectives. Lastly, the RSD will maintain meaningful and effective relationships with key dealer accounts in the region.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, motivate and actively manage 8 to 10 West Coast Field Territory managers representing all the Stanley Infrastructure product segments.
- Develop key executive relationships inside Stanley HQ in Portland, Oregon to facilitate communications as the conduit for field Directors support needs & concerns.
- Take ownership of our TOP 10 West Key Dealer customer relationships in order to drive our business through all levels of a complex dealers ownership & management team.
- Monitor market trends and develop & execute sales strategies to respond to challenges with speed and agility to manage $50,000,000 in revenue opportunity.
- Achieve above market growth in the West Region through deeper penetration of existing dealer accounts and penetration of new dealer accounts
- Accountable for delivering sales goals and targets that contribute to the achievement of our Annual Operating Plan
- Lead TM's with persuasiveness, decisiveness and competitiveness motivating them to win
- Build a culture of success and goal achievement that permeates to all TM's; establish a level of rigor and discipline to weekly TM activity (sales calls, visits, customer feedback, etc.)
- Analyze sales data on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure TM sales performance is at or above planned levels
- Develop bench strength and attract top sales talent to replace low performers
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop account plans for our top dealer accounts in the West Region and ensure TM execution of these plans
- Enhance the focus on deepening customer relationships through training, demos and targeted promotional activity
- Ensure Top Dealer participation in key programs and promotions (CP Express, JRB Express, etc.) and encourage TM's to sell strategic inventory and standard products
- Drive TM's to be the voice of the customer through robust communication with Engineering & Marketing on product development and management
- Maximize TM performance by utilizing sales and profit scorecards and reports, TM performance evaluations, expense management and other performance communications
- Assess internal performance trends and external market drivers in order to provide required forecast input
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous sales management experience with a manufacturer in the construction equipment industry
- Demonstrate progressively increasing roles of responsibilities within the sales function in the construction equipment industry
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and data analysis
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Prior experience using customer contact software (CRM, ACT, other)
- This position requires work from a home office, which must be located within the West Region
- This position requires travel within the West Region up to 75% of the time
- This position occasionally involves exposure to a manufacturing shop floor where the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and hearing protection, is mandatory
- Passion and infectious spirit that motivates themselves and those around them to win
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in order to build respect and confidence at all levels within the organization
- Managerial courage, a calm and confident posture under pressure and decisiveness in order to bring about the results required to improve the business
- Team-focus whose personal goals are ultimately achieved through the success of the TM's.
- Unquestioned integrity and a professional history of making principle-based decisions
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to convey a sense of vision, purpose and direction to the TM's that generates excitement and commitment