HEALTHCARE IT SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
Reporting to and working with the Regional Vice President, Sales, this position will reach out to business targets for the sole purpose of introducing the complete portfolio of Spok products to an assigned territory through the achievement of opportunity-based sales. This role primarily represents, presents, and demonstrates software applications and sells wireless communications products and services, including paging, advanced messaging, and systems products to current customers, prospects, consultants, and business partners. Additionally, this role will identify expansion opportunities in our existing client base to ultimately build sales pipeline and generate new revenue. He/she will work independently and owns the relationship between the customer and the company to close sales. This position carries a quota tied to achieving bookings goals identified from software expansion, hardware supplies, and maintenance renewals.
- 5+ years of direct sales of software/IT solutions to healthcareor other health related organizations; or combination of direct sales experience and knowledge of Spok’s software products required
-Up to 40% travel domestic
- No direct reports
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding sales performance metrics (quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers, and influencers
- Proven history of large, multi-product enterprise sales greater than $200,000, or previous Spok software salesexperience
- Current active contacts with healthcare industry executives within the territory; CMO, CNO, CIO and/or CEO
- Demonstrated understanding of workflow redesign involving technology/software solutions
- Committed to sales methodology such as Helping Clients Succeed, Solution Selling, The Complex Sale, etc.
- Proficient in use of internal systems for accuracy in forecasting (CRM, Salesforce, Quoting tools, etc.)
- Successful record of communicating the business value of strategic software solutions to healthcare executives including CIO, CMIO, CNO, CFO, COO, etc.
- Knowledge of how the ACA, ACO’s, insurance companies and other factors influence decisions that healthcare executives make on their buying of technology
- Success in large technology related software/systems integration and project management
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical workflow in healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare procurement procedures and sales cycles
- Knowledge of PBX, CTI, & VoIP products, LAN/WAN environments, messaging and paging, speech recognition, call center application design
- Knowledge of emergency notification preferred
- Web-conferencing for remote product demonstration support
- Proven prospecting skills with strong closing skills
- Robust interpersonal skills with evidence of teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers at all levels
Spok is proud to be the global leader in critical communications for healthcare, government, public safety, and other industries. We deliver smart, reliable solutions to help protect the health, well-being, and safety of people around the globe. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions, and they rely on Spok for workflow improvement, secure texting, paging services, contact center optimization, and public safety response. When communications matter, Spok delivers!