Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Regional Sales Director out of our Atlanta Office. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven track record in selling enterprise software solutions to mid-size organizations, experience successfully leading front line sales teams, and a history of overachieving team quotas.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for hiring, training, developing and leading a successful team of Sales Executives that are focused on new logo acquisition and account growth; identifying and penetrating new accounts, and growing revenue; up-sell and cross-sell, and consistently exceeding quarterly and annual quotas for the assigned region. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk. Are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, be a player /coach, hands on with the team; get very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring and leading high performing teams
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success influencing at the executive level and addressing key business issues
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- You will recruit, hire, onboard, and retain an all-star sales team: Inspire, empower, coach and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Train new hires on sales process, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Consistently deliver license, support and service revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Direct sales activities within assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Coach sales team to uncover new opportunities, develop net new logos, build champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Splunk products and services and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and return on investment.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a flawless customer experience.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 5+ years’ experience building and leading sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus.
- 7+ years direct and channel enterprise software selling experience is required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus