Essential Functions Include:
Hire and Develop Territory Managers
Understands territory well to determine hiring priority. Develop and coach territory managers to hit their individual quotas.
Manage Sales Personnel to:
Generate sales by presenting product to customers and influencers which include architects, building owners / developers, engineers, LEED & energy consultants, glazing contractors, utilities, etc. through various avenues
Build Sales Pipeline:
- Research customers and influencers that are likely prospects and make cold calls as necessary to make product introduction.
- Through consultative selling become a solution provider to customers and identify the key people in firms to develop relationships with to maximize results.
- Participate in industry organizations and their events, network through organizations to generate leads. Join committee's relevant to our business.
Manage Projects in Sales Pipeline to meet Quota:
- Follow up on bone fide enquiries and leads from public relations, advertising and other marketing activities promptly (forward to reps and monitor as applicable).
- Identify and prioritize high probability leads.
- Track their progress through construction phases providing necessary information including quotes, product, installation requirements etc. to customers in timely fashion as required
- Bring to purchase order or other logical conclusion. If not successful, identify reason.
- Update sales database
- Continue to learn about the product, its capabilities, integration into framing systems, optimal applications, design for optimal pricing, sales strategies, etc.
- Use resources within SAGE as well as external sources to ensure accurate presentation of information to customers.
- Read industry periodicals on development trends, glass, framing systems, architecture, buildings, sustainability, etc. to be a knowledgeable resource for customers. (Be the solution provider).
- Hone presentation skills and sales skills.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other Regional Sales Directors on projects that extend across territories.
- Participate in national (may be outside of territory), regional and local conferences, trade shows, and conventions.
- Promote product and company to attendees
- Attend seminars relevant to product
- Assist in developing sales strategies.
- Assist Field Operations in enduring customer satisfaction.
- 10+ years solution selling experience
- 3+ years successfully managing a team of sales professionals in a region
- Must have experience in a solution/value selling and long sales cycle environment
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Strong interpersonal skills and can deal with a wide range of audience from C-Suite/project owners to construction trades,
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or similar preferred
- Experience desired in exterior construction products with glass industry strongly preferred
- >50% to 66% overnight travel on average with a majority of the travel to be conducted within the territory
- Travel to national conventions and conferences also required
- Frequent travel to Faribault, MN for sales meetings, customer tours, etc.
- Comply with SAGE's Business Principles and company policies.
- Applicant must currently reside in Canada ideally in the greater Vancouver or Toronto areas