Purchasing Power one of Atlanta's fastest growing specialty e-retailer is seeking a Regional Sales Director with 8 - 10 years of sales experience in the employee voluntary benefits and/or HR services industry. With a focus on Purchasing Power’s target broker customer, the primary objective of this role is to identify, attract and activate new broker relationships. Previous experience as an insurance broker is highly preferred.
Duties – What you’ll do
- Responsible for attaining and/or exceeding all sales objectives and department goals
- Goals include generating new broker relationships and activating these relationships by bringing in new employer clients through brokers.
- Motivate and train brokers on the Purchasing Power program to foster excitement about our program
- The ability to translate PPC features into benefits to the broker and potential employer client
- Penetrate new broker segments and relationships on an ongoing basis
- Effectively transition broker relationships, once activated to Purchasing Power broker account manager
- Enthusiastically and accurate sell the Purchasing Power program to prospective broker clients
- May also pursue direct employer clients if the opportunities arise
- Travel estimated at 50 – 75%
- Strong selling, interpersonal and relationship cultivation skills
- Several years of experience selling employee benefits to medium-large organizations either directly or through insurance brokers.
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas internally and externally. Innovation and the ability to gain consensus is necessary.
- Solid strategic, negotiation and presentation skills
- Background in sales, cold calling and presenting to new prospects
- Superior relationship building skills; Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated results from relationship management and selling skills
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.