Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality andduration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with aportfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than200clinical trials for over20different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary:
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Regional Sales Director will lead a team of division managers and sales representatives to protect and grow sales in compliance with the company’s guidelines and standards of practice. Responsibilities include building a comprehensive strategic business plan, including specific, measurable, action oriented objectives in accordance with national goals. Manage funds and resources and ensure their ethical, targeted allocation towards maximizing sales and return on investment. Create a motivating environment for the team by further ensuring clarity of purpose and aligning wider vision and strategic goals to the team’s role. In addition, explain/guide individual roles and responsibilities to provide easier access to information and resources for developmental opportunities, as well as recognize and reward success. Lead the region to support brand goals and targets by working closely with key internal business partners, such as Marketing, Sales Operations, Training & Development and Managed Care.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop oncology sales managers and specialists
- Lead the team to protect and grow sales in compliance with the company’s guidelines and standards of practice.
- Facilitate implementation of the strategic and tactical plan
- Develop and adhere to regional operational budget
- Develop regional business plan
- Provide ongoing assessment and feedback of oncology sales managers and specialists performance
- Active participation in sales management team meetings
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5years experience as a district/divisional manager or 3years as a regional manager
- Minimum of 3years experience in the field of oncology
- Previous experience in launching new products or indications
- Demonstrated success in field management defined as consecutive years of increased sales or market share
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen are required
- Ability to prioritize and execute on plan
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills/high level of accountability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated maintenance of highest ethical standards
Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent