Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Regional Director (RD), Oncology will report to the National Business Director, Oncology and be responsible for recruiting, leading, developing and retaining the Oncology Medical Specialist team in the West Region. The RD is responsible for ensuring strong and consistent sales performance that exceeds forecast and expectations relating to product goals and driving accountability for all results throughout the Region assigned allowing Regeneron to have a major presence in the Oncology market. The RD will work closely with their Alliance partner counterpart(s) to insure full cooperation and transparency within the region. The RD will work closely with Training and Development to insure appropriate development of personnel within the region designed to continue to facilitate growth in the commercial organization. The RD will accomplish this in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Regeneron policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical and biologic products in the US.
• Build and develop a high performing, high integrity, high quality sales team and provide overall leadership to the team.
• Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and ensuring actions plans are aligned to the strategic initiatives of the brand.
• Lead regional sales force activities including hiring, training, performance evaluation and development while ensuring compliance to corporate policies.
• Ensure each employee is trained on and effectively implementing customer education.
• Communicate most current knowledge of the industry and competitor products to regional teams.
• Ensure participation in industry related trade shows, meetings, conferences, etc.
• Analyze sales and customer data to ensure appropriate resources are deployed in the region.
• Allocate and manage the region's budget and utilization of promotional resources
• Ensure strong, consistent performance that consistently meet or exceed brand objectives and product sales goals while consistently demonstrating accountability for all results.
• In collaboration with Sanofi Genzyme, ensure coordination and collaboration with all resources within the combined Regeneron/Sanofi Genzyme field teams to support commercial success (e.g. Industry Related Congresses, Medical Conferences, and Speaker Programs etc.).
• Build the Company's credibility and relationships with key customers (e.g. Regional, local clinical experts, advocacy groups etc.) and their staffs in the field of Oncology.
• Ensure the Oncology Medical Specialists are viewed by their customers as clinical experts in the field of Oncology.
• Develop and execute an Incentive Compensation plan for field team in accordance with corporate objectives and within guidelines in a compliant manner.
• Partner with multiple internal stakeholders to proactively analyze and address market dynamics and trends that support brand and collaboration objectives.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of Payer environment, reimbursement and challenges within payer markets including: government programs, managed health care and evolving health care systems.
• Bachelor's degree mandatory, Master's degree or other advanced education / certification is a plus (Focused degree in science or clinical experience is a plus).
• Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical experience with 5 years of sales leadership/management of which 3 years must be at the Regional Director/District Manager in the field of Oncology
• Experience in Biologics and buy and bill products or strong relevant experience in the Oncology field required.
• Proven success and positive track record of performance with a high degree of integrity as a Regional Director/District Manager in complex markets within complex systems required.
• Successful record of hiring, coaching, developing, promoting, and retaining top talent within span of control.
• Strong understanding of Payer environment, reimbursement and challenges within National/Regional payer market including; government programs, managed health care and evolving health care systems.
• Proven ability and success in developing physician/customer clinical experts in a Regional scope required.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; should be an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence.
• Strong ability to partner and collaborate with other internal field teams and alliance partners.
• Ability to travel extensively with local and regional influence.
• Demonstrated history of leading highperformance sales team.
• Ability to manage and drive a region's objectives and goals.
• Strong presentation, organization, administration and communication skills.
• Product launch experience is a plus.
• Experience with selling to diverse customer segments.
• Understanding reimbursement challenges and opportunities of a buy and bill product required or other relevant Oncology experience considered.
• Ability to analyze sales and other relevant market data.
• Strategic thinker who will challenge status quo to improve performance.
• Leadership skills that include motivating, mentoring and the ability to provide professional development to his/her team.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.