Myriad Women’s Health is leading the charge assisting healthcare providers in optimizing patient care through genetic insights. Our portfolio consists of three pioneering products that provide critical genetic information that can personalize cancer risk management, reproductive planning, and pregnancy management. Our mission is to make molecular genetic testing in Women’s Health as routine as a mammogram or ultrasound.
Myriad Women’s Health is seeking a Sales Director to lead our sales efforts across Western United States to improve market penetration and achieve double digit volume and revenue growth across the portfolio. The Regional Sales Director will lead a team of area sales managers who lead and coach territory account executives. The Regional Sales Director will create and cultivate a winning culture, coach and develop, manage performance, recruit and hire, and collaborate and strategize with Strategic Accounts and Medical Affairs leaders. The sales team’s mission is to help OBGYNs, MFMs, REIs, and other specialty healthcare providers deliver the power of genetic insights to help inform healthcare decisions at multiple stages of a patient’s life. This position will report directly to the General Manager of Women’s Health and perform the following:
- Ensures sales forecasts and operational budgets are met or exceeded within the therapeutics area at a regional level
- Builds a culture of winning and teamwork across multiple leaders and teams
- Sets objectives, coaches/mentors, assesses performance and identifies skill development for direct reports.
- Develops strategies and tactics in collaboration with product teams to provide optimal financial return within the therapeutic areas
- Works with the Regional Sales Director for Managed Care to ensure pull through of managed care strategies with customers within therapeutic area and region
- Works with Manager, Commercial Analytics to assess sales performance and market trends and to determine appropriate adjustments to resource deployment plan to meet or exceed objectives
- Participates on multi-disciplinary teams to provide perspective on cross functional and sales related issues
- Proactively identify best candidates and ensures diverse backgrounds are represented.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales experience in biotechnology or molecular testing preferred; or, pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical device
- 5+ years of field sales leadership and management experience required
- Proven ability to produce strong results in challenging markets
- Demonstrated leadership, financial management, and communications skills
- Thorough understanding of customer segments and market dynamics within women’s health or relevant therapeutic area
- Ability to lead and manage field sales leaders
- Experience building teams and multiple product launches
- Experience managing and improving performance through coaching, mentoring, and developing
- Demonstrated presentation and negotiations skills.
- Experience with responsibility for multiple products
- Proven ability to select, develop and promote talented individuals
- Effective at overcoming obstacles and challenges utilizing problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of coverage and reimbursement issues
- Working knowledge and application of HIPAA laws, privacy, and ethics surrounding patient privacy and information
- Demonstrates values and ethics that support Myriad's mission, goals, and professional code of conduct
- Ability to resist pressure to compromise corporate values despite pressure to make sales
- Uses discretion and professionalism as it relates to handling patient and physician information and documentation
- Track record of demonstrating integrity, even when inconvenient
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Systems and Software - proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word and CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Ability to travel and do overnights as needed
- Valid driver's license and driving record that meets safe and satisfactory criteria per Myriad's motor vehicle driving record policy