Contribute to the growth and profitability in the Retirement Plans Division wholesaling retirement plans through financial intermediaries in a defined geographic territory. Responsibilities include attainment of specific sales objectives, achievement of activity metrics, and developing and executing on a comprehensive business plan.Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with sales firms and financial intermediaries in a geographic sales territory. Identify opportunities and promote the sale of retirement products and services by leading or participating in the development of strategies with financial intermediaries to sell retirement products and services. Deliver presentations and prepare competitive analysis and other marketing tasks. Develop and monitor business plans and expense budgets to ensure sales objectives are achieved. Attain personal sales goals as well as contribute to the attainment of team goals.
- Ability to Identify plan specific opportunities, such as plan design, demographic characteristics, required services, and other pertinent information to properly price and market retirement products and meet all applicable compliance regulations. Collect information needed to begin the plan installation process and transition the sold business to the New Business Consulting team to direct the plan installation and ongoing administration and service.
- Provide ongoing support for existing plans through financial intermediaries, employers, internal staff, and business partners to contribute to the retention of plan sponsor clients and secure additional assets from those clients as opportunities arise.
- Stay abreast of industry and government changes affecting retirement plans. Maintain an awareness of existing territory and industry market trends. Develop and manage individual budget.
- Requires the ability to travel up to 66% of the work period.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Possess, or attain FINRA Series 6 & Series 63 registrations within 90 days of placement in the job.
- Demonstrated success in multi-channel sales, including 5 years retirement plans/401(k) wholesaling experience.
- Excellent defined contribution product and industry knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of competitor products and services.
- Seasoned understanding and demonstrated success in relationship sales in the retirement services marketplace.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and investment strategies.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and sales-related communication abilities, including strong presentation and consulting skills.
- Ability to comprehend legal concepts, plan documents and trust instruments.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently in a field sales environment.