Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the Regional Sales Director will be the primary contact between Mitsubishi Power and client organizations, and is responsible for handling all aspects of field sales activities in pursuit of new business for assigned product lines and territory. Primary activities include, but are not limited to: building and maintaining market leading customer relationships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities, managing and reporting on opportunity pipeline, coordinating all activities of Mitsubishi Power adjacent functions (market development, marketing, commercial operations and engineering) as well as monitoring overall market activities of customers and competitors to identify long term trends and competitive landscape.
- Creates and maintains a sales culture of imagination, innovation, determination, and respect.
- Leads adjacent functions (marketing, market development, commercial operations, engineering and project management) in identifying, developing and securing new business opportunities.
- Develops industry leading customer relationships resulting in the attainment of actionable feedback on customer valuation criteria, competitive intelligence, high win rates and overall market penetration.
- Documents and constantly updates customer account engagement plans and transactional strategies that result in high “win” rates in existing and new markets.
- Ensures organization is aware of all potential client investment plans, is fully aware of competitor’s strategies in Mitsubishi Power business markets (i.e., GT/ST/CC/Boiler/SCR/Service/Energy Storage/etc.) and seeks business opportunities as power equipment and service supplier (or EPC if appropriate).
- Cooperates and coordinates activities with other region sales directors and P&L leadership to effectively cross sell across the Mitsubishi Power enterprise (Services, MD&A, PWPS, NEXT, MHI, MIC, etc.).
Planning and Reporting
- Develops & executes a specific territory sales plan, continuously updating and modifying it as the market and external forces dictate, and provides regular progress reports to management and adjacent functions on a weekly, monthly, quarterly rhythm. The regional plan will include specific targets, goals, objectives and budgets for the territory and be coordinated into an overall North American annual and five year strategic plan, including specific plans for each product and customer.
- Ensures accurate and current data for territory activities is represented within the CRM system and champions and promotes the successful deployment and adoption of new CRM features and functionality.
- Leads all sales and marketing efforts within assigned territory by forging relationships with key decision makers and assisting the team in creating large partnerships in existing and new areas of business and builds new business relationships using existing industry contacts.
- Maintains and expands customer base, and identifies new clients and opportunities by researching the market, attending industry events and by creating Mitsubishi Power events to attract current and new potential customers.
- Responsible for managing several accounts simultaneously, providing executive presence, often being the face of the company to many clients.
- Effectively communicates the value of Mitsubishi Power technology and offerings in a manner that resonates with clients both through direct communication at multiple levels within the customer and through coaching adjacent functions in doing the same.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Protects Company confidential information by not communicating, disclosing, or using for benefit of third parties. Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (BA) in Engineering (Preferred) from four-year college or university; MBA strong plus, with at least ten (10) years related experience with at least 5 years in a sales or commercial role. Prefer experience in New Equipment Sales of turbines (gas and steam highly preferred), compressors or other large complex machinery or EPC experience in Power, Refining, Petrochemical, LNG or Natural Gas Processing.
- Related Industry Experience: Previous proven experience in the development, design, construction, project management and financing of large, long cycle capital intensive projects in the power, petrochemical, refining or related energy projects. Demonstrated success in consultative sales of highly engineered and complex products and/or services is essential to success in this role.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English with ability to communicate effectively at executive levels
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as those related to the design, development and financing of large complex projects.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software; electronic mail; graphics; technical diagrams; flow charts, etc.
- Other Related Skills: Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed with proven ability to drive sales and generate new business within a large complex and multinational business environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to travel on frequent basis both domestically (50-70%), with occasional international travel both by automobile or air, often with short notice to achieve required customer interactions is essential to this role.
Mitsubishi Power leads the industry in power generation and energy storage solutions. We design, manufacture, service and optimize power systems worldwide. Our power solutions include natural gas, steam, aero-derivative, geothermal, distributed renewable technologies, environmental controls, and services. Committed to environmental protection and carbon reduction, we are at the forefront of green hydrogen and battery storage systems. Our digital solutions enable autonomous operations and maintenance or power assets.