The Director of Sales is primarily responsible for attaining or exceeding a team sales goal by: recruiting and developing a high performing sales team, setting clear expectations and holding team members accountable, directing sales efforts with specific customer groups, growing regional sales of existing customers and conquest accounts.
The Director of Sales actively participates in regional customer events, oversees management of the regional chassis pool, and forecasts and manages the regional sales and expense budgets.
The Midwest Region includes: Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and the St. Louis area of Missouri.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing and managing to meet or exceed the business plan in dollars and units for the region.
- Managing all regional customer segment, Distributors, Regional Lease, Ryder, Penske, & Fleet Accounts.
- Managing Regional Sales Managers.
- Managing regional discount levels.
- Managing regional DSO's.
- Personal skills including professional appearance, time management, Morgan and competition product knowledge, various chassis product knowledge, vocational and application knowledge, proficient with Morgan IT resources, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE REQUIRED/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of successful sales experience, including at least five years of sales leadership experience, preferably in commercial truck body, truck, leasing, or related industry.
- Excellent knowledge of medium duty truck market (preferred), customer segments, and sales strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in product knowledge and the associated processes within the company with regard to following an order from “quote” to “delivery”, follow up service e.g. warranty, and general customer care.
- Ability to travel throughout the region in order to meet customer needs and sales expectations.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Outstanding relationship development skills.
- Problem solving ability