ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic. We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn't just somewhere to work – it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference. While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV is seeking an experienced, strategic First Line Leader in Specialty Sales for the position of Regional Sales Director (RSD). The ability to act as an agent of change and see the bigger picture of ViiV's portfolio-wide strategy will be essential to delivering success in this role. Additionally, the ability to navigate within a complex external environment and to demonstrate strong leadership to effect optimal business solutions will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives in accordance with national and regional goals.
Successful outcomes will include recruiting, hiring and leading a high impact team of Territory Account Managers (TAMs) who sell to HCPs and are aligned to ViiV's mission of leaving no person with HIV behind. This will be achieved through driving a culture of employee engagement and accountability against business objectives and enabling the team to work within an integrated account management framework in the setup and delivery of a buy and bill treatment model.
- Area Vice President of Sales (second line leader)
Vice President of Sales (third line leader)Key Relationships to Drive Success:
- Senior Sales Leaders and current sales team
- Field Strategy and Operations
- Market Access
- Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM)
- HCPs - private practice, community clinics, and integrated systems
- Physician Support Staff
- Broader HIV community (Aids Service Orgs)
- Local business, regulatory and legal stakeholders
- Specialty Pharmacies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing the Business and Driving Performance :
- Align and execute on business strategy – marketing, market access pull-through, launches, multi-channel customer engagement, and employee development, to deliver exceptional results
- Prioritize and customize Regional investments/resources (People and Promotion) in a manner which maximizes top and bottom-line growth of the local market based upon identified opportunities as a result of evolving business environment.
- Understand and Integrate Regional healthcare ecosystem trends into business plans (payer – public and private, local economics, health-system & providers – including value and quality, and competition) to maximize success
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
Managing a Performance and Engagement Culture:
- Recruit, hire and develop a high performing team of TAMs. Build team capability for current and future needs, including attracting, identifying and developing a diverse talent pool.
- Create a coaching culture and demonstrate situational leadership to maximize performance and development of each individual and deliver exceptional results for the team.
- Set the tone and culture of the team, role model ViiV Expectations and manage change by leading through transitions with inspiration and high engagement.
- Implement corrective action as appropriate to meet business needs and improve performance.
Compliance Accountabilities and Values Based Culture:
- Identify and manage risks, while allocating resources and executing on priorities.
- Understand Regional (State level) regulatory environment and required changes for execution to stay compliant.
- Escalate issues and risks and inform centrally when needed; create a 'speak up' culture.
- Implement Compliance and ViiV Risk Framework as applicable at Regional level.
- Communicate SOPs and ensure ViiV policies are followed, e.g. recognition, reward, discipline, people policies, mandatory training.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 9+ years pharmaceutical sales experience as consistent top performer, of which should include a minimum of 6 years' specialty management experience leading top performing teams
- Proven sales experience with injectable products
- Experience recruiting, developing and leading specialty teams to work cross functionally within an integrated account team model that includes multiple field-based team members
- Experience leading sales teams to launch and deliver products successfully
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives
- Excellent track record developing account managers and managing underperformance
- Strong planning and organization skills, analytical ability, business acumen, decision making ability, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight travel, majority of time will be spent with team in market
Valid Driver's License.Preferred Qualifications:
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences
- Experience leading teams to successfully sell and deliver products in buy and bill reimbursement environments and working with Specialty Pharmacies
- Experience working with HCPs to procure, manage, and administer cold chain treatment products
- Knowledge of the HIV market.