We are seeking a metrics and process driven game changer to develop and manage one of our Federal Account Executive teams. This individual will be tasked with generating growth within new and existing, public-sector customers and should have a proven track record in hyper-scaling sales teams. They will be required to manage a team to an aggressive target with expectations to overachieve.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing Federal Sales teams that are selling complex Database, Messaging, Big Data, Open Source and/or SaaS into Civilian, Defense and SLED customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you will be developing and executing deal strategies, mentoring a team, and collaborating with every area of the organization, then this will be an ideal role for you.
What you will be doing:
- As a Regional sales leader you will be expected to exceed territory growth, revenue quota, and customer satisfaction goals
- Lead and manage a customer focused team of Account Executives to deliver customer business value and develop customer relationships
- Build awareness for Kafka and Confluent within large enterprises
- Take responsibility for overseeing accurate forecasting
- Collaborate with other departments in order to develop sales strategy for enhancing the company’s growth
- Effectively create and articulate value selling in various negotiations
- Assist in pricing strategy
- Ensure effective prospecting, up selling/cross selling, and pipeline development
- Maintain consistent implementation of effective sales processes for optimum performance and success of the organization
- Keep a pulse on the market: Know the landscapes and trends that may shift tactical budgets and strategic directions of accounts
What we are looking for:
- At least 6 years of Federal selling experience, with 2+ years of Sales Management within a comparable technology space.
- Impeccable planning and methodology driven leaders having been trained in MEDDIC or other sales processes.
- True mentors and people developers with a high level of Empathy for our customer and colleagues.
- Successful Data integration/analytic sales experience to Federal agencies.
- Experience building organizations and hiring and training top talent
- Proven track record of over-achieving quota in past opportunities
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes with customers and internal stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset with flexibility towards dynamic change
- Successful start-up experience with contributions to growth through acquisition or IPO is a bonus