Lead and develop a high performing sales team to optimize profitable revenue growth. This includes recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and developing a Regional Sales Team of approx. 8-10 sales professionals in a geographic region.
- Meet and exceed sales goals; effectively manage sales team expenses.
- Responsible for the performance of sales team; identifies under-performers and coaches them to more consistent and sustained revenue performance to meet/exceed revenue goals and uses the performance management process as needed when expectations are not met.
- Establish a pipeline of "A" player candidates to fill positions quickly and maintain full staff at all times.
- Holds sales team accountable for leveraging the account management process to ensure focused territory and client activity to develop opportunities and drive revenue results.
- Conduct one-on-one developmental meetings with all direct reports to build more effective communication, more clearly understand training and development needs and provide insights to each individual as to how to improve his/her performance results.
- Lead by example; attend client meetings and industry networking events in order to coach, develop and mentor the sales team to uncover, develop and close sales opportunities and grow revenue.
- Strong cross functional collaboration within a matrix organization to develop own personal internal network to meet client needs, facilitate sales team development and meet/exceed all sales goals.
- Hold team accountable for individual and team selling, as well as cross selling and lead/reference sharing to meet the mutual goals of the organization across all business units.
- Monitor and manage sales objectives through weekly, monthly, annual revenue forecasting; develop annual sales quotas for regions and territories; project sales volume/revenue for existing/new solutions and clients.
- Implement regional sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Increase sales team’s net new revenue (NNR) through maintaining and growing existing client/project base and onboarding net new clients/projects.
- Work with pricing to establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Maintain weekly/monthly reports of sales activity (including Salesforce), revenue tracking, weekly updates and other financial information as required to run and develop a high performing sales team.
- Create, monitor and update quarterly and annual business plans to support all sales objectives.
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description
- Bachelors' degree in business management or related field; MBA preferred.
- E-Discovery and/or legal industry experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ successful sales management experience with proven sales/revenue results.
- Experience successfully managing a geographically diverse sales region, including office and home-based sales professionals.
- Foster a positive team environment and identity; leads with a “can do” attitude and approach.
- High integrity, work ethic, professionalism, trustworthy; assume “positive intent” and do the “right thing” for the organization, colleagues and clients.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales and revenue goals, strong negotiation skills, demonstrated ability to drive and manage a complex sales opportunity to a successful conclusion, consultative sales skills, network and relationship driven, strong process and methodology management, market and industry knowledge, recruiting and expense management.
- Experience with MS Office Suite applications, Salesforce, WorkDay and Concur.