Regional Sales Director - Medtipster
If you?re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, Medtipster welcomes your application. Medtipster, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit administrator (PBA) headquartered in Southfield, Michigan. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. Medtipster offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S.
The Regional Sales Director manages the sales process within assigned territory of business for prospective accounts and regional consultant influencers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and continually maintain prospect pipeline to ensure assigned territory growth and profitability through the creation of a long-term, strategic business plan aligned with the corporate growth plan
- Exercises leadership, demonstrates results-oriented sales planning, works in a positive and motivating way to educate and inform key stakeholders around sales prospects
- Develops and executes strategies within assigned territory to ensure the following: territory and prospect relationship development, proposal strategy ownership, finalist presentation management, contract negotiations and final contract execution.
- Manage the award of business to commencement of implementation activity by disseminating sales knowledge to internal colleagues in formal and informal meeting settings and written documentation
- Organize and conduct sales presentations, site visits, enterprise capability and/or product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Work with proposal team to create tailored proposals for prospective clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity of prospective clients to educate internal stakeholders on key strategies and tactics to secure new business while deepening the organizational understanding of market and competitive dynamics.
- Work cross functionally with Strategic relations to ensure mutually beneficial relationships with national and regional consultants within the healthcare industry
- Maintains a solid knowledge of all of Medtipster?s offerings and products
- Maintains the positive branding of Medtipster within the healthcare industry
- Strengthen the team?s performance by sharing information, new product and service concepts which supportsales and retentionmarketing activities
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and seven (7) to ten (10) years of job related experience in a healthcare or PBM environment; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Experienceworking with PBM, or related health care management industries, working with and knowledge of Agents, Brokers, Third Party Administrators (TPA), health plans (commercial) is highly preferred.
- Intermediate skills set in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None currently required although Insurance license is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven success selling healthcare products and services, along with demonstrated sales results in a related healthcare industry
- Prior experience selling directly to top executives and consulting firms
- Previous PBM selling experience is a plus
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.