Reports To: National Director of Sales North America, Fertility & Genomic Solutions
Department: Fertility & Genomics Business Unit
Position Summary :
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for managing all regional sales functions withing the Fertility & Genomics Business Unit including, but not limited to the following: leading, developing, and coaching a diverse sales team that consists of territory account managers, product/service specialists, and equipment sales managers. A major objective for this position is developing sales strategies and tactics to increase revenues in order achieve the business unit sales growth, operating income and expense budget objectives.
The successful candidate must be able work effectively with all departments that are part of CooperSurgical’s Fertility & Genomic Solutions global team, as well as other teams, including colleagues in different business units. In addition, a successful candidate will ensure that the business strategies are developed, executed, and achieved within an ethical and compliant framework, as well as always working within the CooperSurgical values.
Description of tasks :
- Develop the assigned region, increase share and drive revenue by enhancing the service, know-how and quality in the CooperSurgical Fertility & Genomic Solutions sales team.
- Develop and communicate a clear growth strategy focused on regional opportunities.
- Ensure, together with marketing, adequate investments (seminars, trainings, events) to drive growth in the region and support assigned sales team.
- Coach, develop, lead assigned team.
- Active participation in developing the Americas strategy, and overall global FGS strategy through collaboration with key business stakeholders.
- Drive Total Solution Selling, capitalizing on the diverse product and service portfolio offered by CooperSurgical
- BS/BA required
- MBA, or other advanced degree or equivalent in business administration preferred.
- Customer oriented.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic in order to structure long-term viable direct customer sales relationships
- Good listener and communicator.
- Energetic, action oriented and ability to get things done.
- Empathic, positive and present.
Criteria for success :
- Total revenue of the region
- Growth of products and services in the region. Manage within cost/budget
- Business plan development for the region
- Lead, coach, develop assign team with passion, empathy, and always exhibit CooperSurgical’s values.
- Documented experience selling/managing/leading in a complex, competitive environment.
- Experience in the women’s health field, med device, IVF, etc. preferred, not required though.
English mandatory, other language proficiency a plus.
Essential Functions :
- Continuously develops and executes on the sales strategy, clinical, procedural, product, and sales skills.
- Creates and monitors key performance metrics and sales related objectives.
- Exhibits leadership skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Stays close to market by developing relationships with customers and/or key opinion leaders.
- Oversees the administration of contracts, price agreements, regional communications and ensures compliance with Company policies within the Business Unit.
- Motivates and gains consensus within the assigned team, and when required the FGS organization as a whole and other department heads/peers to ensure that strategic initiatives are aligned with the overall business and supported by all Company functions.
- Ensures that targeted Sales and Operating Income objectives are achieved.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as required by the Business Unit VP.
Other key skills :
- Effective leadership
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and/or complaints from accounts, regulatory agencies or members of business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and public groups.
- Passing a background check which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction, educational and driving records.
CooperSurgical is an equal employment opportunity employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/ Disability/ Veteran