The Regional Sales Director - South East is responsible for attaining all regional sales objectives for Coherus BioSciences commercial products, in a compliant fashion. This role will require building a team of Oncology Account Managers with a focus on recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, development and retention. They will lead this team of high performing Oncology Account Managers, as well as manage all account activity within the South East Region (FL, GA, AL, East TN). The Regional Sales Director will provide motivational leadership and strategic direction to the Oncology Account Managers in order to achieve performance objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identification of market trends and opportunities.
- Work with the VP Sales to establish sales and profit goals for the geographic area.
- Achieve/Exceed Sales goals for the region.
- Full engagement with key accounts, by developing and implementing strategies and participating with the contract negotiating team to implement contracts and the servicing of accounts.
- Lead the formation of regional sales strategies.
- Setting up, participating in, and executing national and regional meetings.
- Expertise in clinical data and the direction for use to the field team.
- Setting expectations for use of all Coherus resources with the field including exhibits, speaker programs, reimbursement assistance, and executive visits.
- Manage and deploy resources (financial, field staff) to ensure efficient achievement of objectives. Establish and manage area expense budgets; ensure appropriate return on investment.
- Setting the tone and guiding staff by driving and monitoring a compliant and ethical work environment.
- The RSD will contribute to the development of:
- Field compensation plans
- KOL and regional opinion leader development
- Speaker identification
- Goal development and account targeting
- Field sales reporting
- CRM formatting
- Sales Operations
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred)
- 10 Years in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech Marketplace
- 5 Years minimum, field sales management
- Experience in Corporate/National Accounts
- Buy and bill experience preferred
- Prior launch of oncology injectables
- Solid understanding of community GPOs (ION, OnMark, USO) as well as Hospital GPOs
- Prior contracting experience in the oncology marketplace
- Understanding of multiple distribution models, including Specialty Distribution, Full Line Distribution and Specialty Pharmacy
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem solving, communication and leadership skills required
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of community oncology practices, GPOs, hospitals, academic medical centers and IDNs I required
- Development, execution and follow-up of business plans to ensure accountability
- This role will serve as a cross functional liaison between the field, key accounts, executive leadership, marketing, and all internal functions.
- Ability to be flexible, problem-solve, and wear multiple hats in a start-up environment