$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Atlanta, GA 30303
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
11 - 15 years
Posted 66 days ago
. The Regional Sales Director is responsible for the regional execution and deployment of the national sales plan into institutional and specialty settings.
In alignment with all applicable laws and regulations and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) policies:
• Build deep understanding of customers and key stakeholders, and use this knowledge to design promotional strategies that drive formulary adoption, protocol development, sales volume, market share, and profitability. Ensure appropriate positioning of approved new products and services to respond to customers' needs. Ensure all activities are in the best interest of the patients we serve.
• Lead a team of 8-12 Area Business Managers (ABLs). This includes (but not limited to) recruiting / hiring, coaching, developing, assessing performance, delegation, and assisting with personnel issues.
• Assess performance level of managers and representatives within assigned region, ensuring each employee is contributing to the overall objectives of the business. Work closely with training staff to ensure all direct reports are proficient in terms of clinical and promotional materials and content.
• Support product access within assigned institutions, including the implementation of competitive response and pull-through strategies. This includes establishing and growing relationships with key stakeholders within assigned geography
• Manage robust performance management plans and continuously strengthen and enhance diverse talent through recruiting, development and succession plans.
• Foster appropriate innovation in our promotional model and communicate best practices throughout regional sales teams and with other regions.
• Work collaboratively across region to ensure appropriate tailoring and positioning of approved products and programs. Build and lead a strong cross-functional (direct and indirect reporting) team including sales leadership, USMM, HR, Finance, Training, E&C, Legal, CSO, and Brand.
• Manage operating budget and allocate resources to optimize business results
• Lead assigned Regional Field Sales Team alignment to and ownership of NPC policies including Code of Conduct, and all applicable laws and regulation
• Collaborate with HR to resolve behavioral, policy, and/or performance related issues.
• This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelors' Degree, MBA Preferred
• 10 years of commercial pharmaceutical experience, 5 years dedicated to leading sales teams in the institutional and/or specialty settings
• Experience selling biopharmaceutical products to customers in the specialty and institutional settings
• Track record of attracting, developing, and retaining talent and building high performance teams
• Strong cross-functional leadership and ability to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and other cross-functional partners
• Strategic and analytical thinking as demonstrated by key projects/initiatives
• 2+ years in a second line sales leadership role.
• Significant experience and success leading sales teams in promotion to large cardiology practices, hospital (CCU, ED, Pharmacy, P&T), IDN, and SoC customer.
• Leading product launches and CV sales teams
• Experience in a cross functional roles such as training, marketing or account management.
• Proven leadership of teams focused on account management/selling experience within academic medical centers & complex Systems of Care
• Built and executed business plans with highly complex sales environments
• Understanding of Hospitals, Clinic, Institutional purchases via GPO contracting, chargebacks, etc. Collaborated closely with finance, HR, brand, operations, training and other key internal stakeholders
Valid Through: 2019-9-13