The Regional Sales Director provides leadership and strategic direction to Territory Business Managers in order to achieve performance objectives. This is accomplished through effective coaching, mentoring of the team, utilization of resources and strong collaboration with other divisions or disciplines within Biogen and external business partners. This position must demonstrate the following functional and leadership competencies to be successful as a Regional Sales Director at Biogen.
Functional / Leadership Competencies:
• Results Orientation: Continuing to set, communicate, and raise expectations of team and individual performance; motivating and supporting efforts to achieve goals while upholding organizational values and standards.
• Customer Orientation: Cultivating and supporting team’s development of strategic customer and stakeholder relationships and ensuring their perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities.
• Commercial Knowledge: Understanding market dynamics, business drivers, and corporate goals and impact on their region and strategy.
• Coaching for Performance: Leveraging the Regional Coaching Model through planning and leading the development of individuals' skills and abilities to drive performance.
• Developing Others: Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively
• Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Building Strategic Work Relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Personal Drive: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
• Innovation: Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Achieve annual sales goals of the BIIB MS portfolio
• Recruit, hire, and train Territory Business Managers (TBM)
• Coach TBMs in all aspects of job performance and ensure training and development of TBMs in their region
• Establish individual and regional goals and strategies
• Establish and maintain effective Regional communications
• Responsible for all aspects of performance management within the region
• Participate in development and implementation of national sales strategy and tactics
• Responsible compensation planning including salary adjustments, merit increases, promotions, etc.
• Work on project teams when needed
• Budget management
• Plan and execute Regional Sales Meetings
• Metric analysis to determine trends and performance
• 5 years sales management experiencerequired
• 5 – 10 years specialty/biologics sales experience
• Proven successful track record of consistent high performance
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team towards meeting and exceeding objectives
• Strong leadership, planning and organization, analytics, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Organizational awareness
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Ability to influence without authority in a matrixed environment
• Strong strategic planning and analytical skills
• Experience with systematic approach to selling and sales procedures
• Cross functional experience in other commercial areas preferred
• Neurology Sales Experience or Knowledge of the Neurology Market preferred
• Significant travel required
• Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver’s license to be considered