The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will lead a team of Solution Account Managers within the Central Region territory. The RSD will successfully drive profitable growth of the region and manage the team to deliver growth via existing and new account relationships and create and close new business development opportunities within the region and across the relevant verticals.
- Ownership for a defined set of sales targets alignedto the responsibilities of the role, taking accountability for meeting and exceeding these targets over a sustained period.
- Create, develop and manage a team of professional Account Managers to deliver growth in revenue in existing accounts, maximize share of wallet and develop new accounts. Active involvement in assignment of team resources to areas (accounts, markets) that provide the largest, most profitable opportunity.
- Responsible for allocation of target accounts across the team and assigning appropriate personal targets / objectives. Apply appropriate rigor to reviewing individual performance and make quality recommendations for compensation purposes.
- Takes ownership for creating and executing against individual Initiative Action Plans and achieve the desired business results.
- Communicate vision, goals and objectives to the team to ensure clarity of mission and professionally manage team members against those expectations. Provide timely and relevant communication to the team to enable them to perform to their maximum potential.
- Take ownership for creating, reviewing and executing against individual development plans in order to create a culture of continuous self-improvement and achieve business results though increasing the sales skills of the team.
- Provide targeted coaching to team members to develop their role critical sales competencies and improve individual performance levelsto achieve their potential. Utilize the standard people tools available internally and achieve alignment to the Miller Heiman methodologies adopted in Belden, e.g. use of Account Plans.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting is achieved by the Sales team as required by the business. This will include reporting on funnel opportunity management, revenue forecasts, Account Plans, specifications and SSO wins. This activity should be supported by regular, quality reviews of the data held in the CRM tool in conjunction with the sales team.
- Operate as amember of the platform sales management team, providing reporting and supporting commentary to management operating systems including SDP.
- Operate as a key stakeholder in the Sales function to create strong cross functional relationships across the region to extend influence and control through the value chain.
- Enable the business to gain solid knowledge and understanding of the region, the relevant vertical markets and the target customers, keeping aware of key players, trends, and competitor activity. This activity should take place in co-operation with Marketing.
- Build value-adding relationships with influencers and decision makers in those accounts where active involvement by the management role has been determined as critical for success.
- Provide fact based input to Marketing and the Business Platforms from Sales to help specify new customer requirements and successfully define customer and market propositions that add quantifiable value for the customer.
- Facilitate and participate in collaborations across the region and the global Platform to share intelligence, knowledge, best practices and achieve timely resolution of issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in Business (administration, economics) Marketing degree or relevant Engineering subject or possess a track record in professional career relevant to accountabilities of the role
- Demonstrate sufficient technical affinity to operate successfully in the relevant Platform both internally within Belden and with external customers
- Experience of working within a medium to large sized international B2B organization. Experience of successfully operating in a matrix environment
- Experience of working with cross functional teams including Marketing, Product Development and Finance
- Proven track record within a sales leadership role
- Experience should include sustained sales growth in existing & new business, strategic management of pricing, key / large accounts, end user selling, growing existing customer accounts and developing new accounts across a region
- Experience of developing and improving sales team performance via a variety of sales leadership methodologies including account plan reviews, sales skill coaching and team objectives.
- Working experience of Miller Heiman methodology advantageous
- Numerate, demonstrating the ability to analyze key business and financial metrics to support commercial business decisions
- Proven track record within a Sales role in a market relevant to the Belden organization
- Experience of integration of new businesses (acquisitions or mergers) advantageous
- Experience of managing sales teams
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate analytical skills and the ability to work within a metric driven environment
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced and pressured work environment
- Demonstrate a pro-active, flexible and pragmatic approach
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally essential
- Computer literacy essential - experience of using CRM system tools advantageous
- Demonstrate the Belden Values