Front-line field sales leadership role accountable for building & leading a field based sales team and managing all operations related to the sales force in the defined region. Reporting to the Area Sales Director, East you will participate in the development of strategic and tactical plans and execute those plans to meet or exceed sales goals.Working with the Specialty Account Representatives, Managed Care and Medical Science Liaison Teams you will drivethe strategy and sales for the region, including hiring, training & development, resource planning & allocation, and overall performance management of the sales force.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve or exceed sales objectives in assigned region.
- Responsible for leading, teaching, motivating and inspiring a team of Specialty Account Representatives toachieve or exceed sales objectives in their assigned sales region.
- Conduct regular field visits and business reviews, with Specialty Account Representatives and customer visits toensure that proper programs and messages are being utilized and commitments are followed through on.
- Provide regular coaching including written and verbal feedback following customer and field visits that address andsupport both the business development and career development needs of the regional team.
- Create, build and maintain relationships and regular communication with physicians and key thought leaders.
- Responsible for leading sales team to develop new accounts and expand existing accounts
- Oversee management of key accounts. Ensures a high level of expertise and customer service is delivered toall customers.
- Ensures cooperative and collaborative communication and execution between MSLs, Managed Care, Distributionteams.
- Develop, lead and facilitate team POA meetings.
- Responsible for collaborating effectively and mobilizing all appropriate AMAG resources.
- This position requires a B.A. / B.S. with previous pharmaceutical sales management experience preferred.
- 8 plus years experience in pharmaceutical sales and sales management, with significant specialty experienceand a proven track record of success in a management role.
- Experience in specialty sales, with specific women’s health focus areas and hospital experience preferred.
- Broad cross-functional experience in other commercial roles, such as marketing, sales operations, training, national/corporate accounts, managed markets, hospital markets, etc.
- General knowledge and understanding of reimbursement, distribution and managed care processes as well asprevious experience with various sites of care, IV medications, injectables and Medicare Part B.