. The Regional Sales Director of MCS will lead a team of clinical and market development organization to achieve therapy adoption, market penetration and sales goals as assigned for MCS Division. This position will lead a team and will be responsible for developing and implementing targeted training and therapy adoption plans to meet revenue goals and therapy penetration goals for the business. This position is responsible for hiring, coaching and developing MCS therapy experts and market development personnel, supporting these field personnel with efficient and effective leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop regional strategic plans to meet revenue, profitability, and market penetration goals.
- Drive regional performance by ensuring alignment and executing on critical sales and service strategies and tactics.
- Develop programs that generate additional sales revenue in assigned region by running initiatives targeted at increasing referrals of eligible patients to implanting physicians.
- Collaborate with the field team to identify strategies to increase referrals of appropriate patients and overcome barriers that are restricting the national growth and adoption of the therapy.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to field sales and support staff through field visits, observation and measurement of results.
- Oversee training strategies and market development plans for the region to ensure the sales teams have the skills and tools to drive therapy adoption and revenue targets.
- Lead effective talent management strategies within the region, including implementation of high quality talent acquisition and talent development skills.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing customers, KOLs and industry leaders.
- Maintains understanding of technology in a competitive environment.
- Effectively manage and own P&L for region with finance alignment.
- Build and maintain effective relationships within ABT and competitive customers.
- Ensure the quality policy/system is planned, understood, implemented and maintained by ensuring compliance within the department.
- Ensure departmental compliance as well as appropriate departmental resources are available to effectively maintain the quality system (people, facilities, tools, and training).
- Contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
- Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years of successful sales leadership experience preferably within medical device industry.
- Well organized, capable of juggling multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Excellent personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience with direct quota attainment and performance metrics.
- Schedule flexibility for case coverage and client meetings after hours and on weekends.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
- MBA and/or multi-product/therapy sales management experience.
- 8 plus years medical device sales experience.
- Priority will be given to candidates who can think strategically and execute tactically.
- Experience in the MCS therapy areas.