The Regional Sales Director position is a remote based sales management position. This position is directly responsible for supporting revenue goals for the company through managing and motivating a regional sales team of Community Relations Advisors located in his/her designated market areas. The Community Relations Advisors (CRAs) are field-based business development representatives responsible for building a network of professional referral sources within his/her designated market area. The Regional Sales Director is responsible for working with CRAs to create and execute a plan for market growth that supports revenue objectives for APFM by signing up new partner communities and
professional referral partnerships, as well as delighting existing professional partner relationships.
- Work with CRAs to create and document unique plan, approach/strategy to increase new partner communities & professional referral partnerships, and nurture existing partners in target market and review with Senior Leadership Team on a quarterly basis.
- Work with CRAs to execute on approved market plan and align appropriate APFM resources to support it.
- Sign new partner communities that meet APFM partner qualifications and regulatory requirements, and terminate relationships that don’t meet these qualifications.
- Hire, develop and manage new CRAs to maintain appropriate staffing levels in your designated market(s).
- Manage performance of team to minimum standards.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly cadence with individuals and team.
- Attend Regional Manager’s summits and company meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare and report on market performance to Senior Leadership team as required.
- The position will require a flexible work schedule between the hours of 8am and 8pm, with night and weekend call requirements.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years’ successful experience in a sales or account management role.
- 3+ years’ successful experience as a sales manager
- Proven abilities to coach and manage direct reports to assist them in meeting quota requirements.
- Preference for senior living industry experience, within or outside of APFM.
- Documented history of ability to develop and maintain good working relationships in a multi-stakeholder sale.
- Proven ability to builds long-term relationships of professional credibility and trust.
- Ability to solve personnel issues with timely and with professionalism.
- Asks for help when needed to solve problems but is independent in running the day to day sales operations.
- Promotes a positive and energetic sales atmosphere with the team.
- Leads by example and upholds the ethical standards of the company and ensures each team member is in compliance.
- Ability to deliver results in while working in a highly independent environment.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task; talk on the phone and take notes on the computer.
- Strong computer skills necessary, including Word and Excel.
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
The position is a salaried position.