The Regional Sales Associate acts as a catalyst to the Regional Sales Manager to supplement the company’s sales efforts within a geographic region to maintain and expand relationships with new dealers, integrators and end-users and is responsible for achieving sales quotas and assigned strategic account objectives. The Regional Sales Associate represents the entire range of company products and services to customers with focus on new product releases, while executing the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the Company.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops regional sales by attending trade shows, telephone prospecting, and working with territory sales representatives (manufacturer’s representatives) on dealer and integrator accounts.
- Attends trade shows to initiate contact with prospects, develop alliances with complimentary vendors (camera manufacturers, software developers, etc.), and maintain optimal relationships with existing customers.
- Meets with customers and prospects with reps to; demonstrate effective sales presentations, uncover opportunities that can be solved by using our products, demonstrate techniques for the reps to uncover these opportunities, and identify issues we could solve by adding features to our products.
- Drives our solutions through direct customer relationships as well as growth through distribution channels.
- Maximizes territory efficiency and productivity through staffing, performance evaluations, training, and goal setting.
- Educates reps about sales strategies for products and vertical markets, and help reps identify target vertical markets.
- Identifies additional viable vertical markets for new and existing products and identifies new features necessary to penetrate those vertical markets.
- Develops and builds new relationships with dealers by cold calling and networking.
- Communicates market needs to technical support staff, coordinates that support to meet those needs, and manages communication between market and technical support staff.
- Identifies technical support issues and assists in solving them.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years' of experience in security/technical sales
- 3+ years experience in
- security industry products and trends
- products and solutions and competitive offerings
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills; in particular, the ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Has experience with both on-premises solutions and selling software as a service with Cloud hosted solutions.
- Ability to travel and work away from the office when required.
- Ability to work on classified projects, some of which may require government, police or other clearance.