NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Automotive Technical Sales Engineer in Global Sales & Marketing to support the demand creation and sale of all In-Vehicle Networking products for automotive customers in North America
• Drive pre-sales activities to drive demand creation and accelerate growth at healthy margins.
• Drive business development engagement at new customers and support product design-in activities at existing customers
• Leverage customer meetings to gather intelligence about the customer's end product plans and relevant silicon requirements, and then be a part of the business unit product definition process to define "disruptive improvement" to products and roadmap.
• Perceived by customer as a consultant during concept and design phases of the process.
• Develop account strategies and coordinating design-in activities with NXP Account Sales Managers.
• Prepare and regularly update a regional strategy plan for the IVN product segment, including assessment of share, trends, competition, and value propositions per product.
• Contribute the assessment of competitive offerings
• Assist in generation of collateral to identify device/system-level differentiation from competition.
• Some travel in the region.
• BSEE or equivalent
• MUST HAVE: Technical knowledge of Automotive applications and market, with a proven experience in such system development
• Technical expertise in analog and MagniV or like products
• Hardware design skills and is able to guide customer hardware architecture
• Excellent team player with direct and matrix organizations and involves others in projects
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working/supporting customers and in building relationship in a pre and post sales role or in a similar technical sales role facing customers
• Understands industry trends, market players, and technology evolution
• Strong influence & interpersonal skills, coupled with an ability to analyze, summarize and communicate efficiently in a multicultural environment
• Excellent Communications skills
• Make timely decisions without undue fact gathering or deliberation - with manageable risk and sets priorities based on business impact
• Capable of challenging status quo in a productive way to affect improvements and changes