STRUCTURAL integrates technology-driven solutions with specialty contracting services to improve, protect, and enhance the existing infrastructure of owners directly, and in partnership with designers and contractors. STRUCTURAL offers a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services and is the largest concrete repair contractor in the United States, with roughly 2,500 employees working from locations nationwide and in select international markets. STRUCTURAL is the open-shop contracting business line of Structural Group.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Regional Safety Manager to support our STRUCTURAL East business line. This includes operations from Baltimore, MD down to Pompano Beach, FL. We work on projects within the Commercial, Public, Energy and Industrial markets which includes, but is not limited to structural concrete repair, historic restoration, building envelope and facade repair, waterproofing, corrosion control and strengthening.
As the Senior Regional Safety Manager, you will support operations by promoting our 24/7 Safety Culture, providing technical expertise to the operational teams, supporting the project planning process, building collaborative relationships with operational leaders as well as supporting the incident management process.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Leading and/or coordinating training for both general and project specific use in areas such as safety requirements and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, use of safety equipment and safe performance of work tasks
- Conducting, facilitating, and reviewing safety assessments to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, customer and company regulations
- Ensuring all processes are followed during construction site incident reviews along with determining lessons learned and recommending corrective actions.
- Works with project personnel and project teams to perform root-cause analyses, evaluate information, and implement corrective solutions
- Compiling, analyzing, and interpreting statistical data related to occupational accidents and hazards
- Participating as a Subject Matter Expert in project-specific pre-planning processes
- Develop & implement complex EHS Planning (PT, Confined Space, LOTO, etc.)
- Managing 3-4 direct reports (combination of Safety Coordinators & Safety Facilitators) and mentoring Project Engineers and Interns in the area of safety
- Mentoring and providing development opportunities for direct report(s) and other with an interest in a safety position
- Visiting projects and developing relationships with our field teams
- Leading Safety efforts, including incident investigation, best practice sharing, safety video review, and safe employee reward and recognition programs.
- Facilitating the annual STRUCTURAL Safety Champion program
- Working with project teams to identify safety challenges and collaboratively develop solutions
- Working with project teams to draft written project-specific safety plans for client submission as required
- Building synergy with other branches and helps develop consistent processes/practices within the entire region. Working with Safety Managers and leaders from other business lines to share and develop best practices and enhance institutional knowledge.
- Providing constructive, efficient, and effective elevation of safety challenges to Operational and Safety leadership.
- Collaborating with resource managers to research select appropriate PPE to meet project safety needs.
- Responding immediately to jobsite incidents and act as company representative on OSHA (or other safety agency) inspections
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this strategic safety leadership position:
- OSHA 30; COSS; or CSST 100hr as well as at least one of the following certifications: CSP, CIH, ASP, CHST, OHST, COSM
- Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields would be preferred: Environmental Health & Safety, Safety Management, Construction, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in safety construction management within the construction industry overseeing construction safety operations in the Northeastern construction market
- Previous experience working with Claims Management policies and procedures
- In-depth technical working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, DOT, NFPA, ACGIH, EPA, DEP, federal, state, and local regulatory standards. Stays educated / participates in industry groups to keep abreast of planned regulatory changes.
- Previous experience performing safety audits and presenting results to multiple operational teams
- Approximately 70% travel within a defined territory serving multiple Eastern offices is required with this position while also spending at least 50% of time on projects
- Previous experience working for a self-performing contractor
- Strong use of computers and corresponding programs - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other database programs. Ability to learn other programs such as: Procore, Labor chart, etc.
- Conversational (written/spoken) Spanish a plus