JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples’ workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.
The Regional Safety and Health Manager will assist multiple JELD-WEN manufacturing sites and field services personnel with implementing the EH&S Management system, developing and implementing effective injury prevention programs, and ensuring compliance with company global policies and standards and regulatory requirements. The Regional S&H manager is responsible for helping to build consistency throughout the company by providing functional/technical expertise to multiple site S&H personnel and assisting operational leaders with building a stronger safety culture.
The successful candidate must have experience with EH&S management system implementation, leading incident investigations, conducting hazard & risk assessments, training with hourly and management personnel, conducting S&H audits and driving cultural change. Experience developing and implementing forward thinking processes that have enhanced the S&H culture, reduced injuries and demonstrated improved performance are essential.
Experience with MS Suite of products, e.g. Excel, Access, Minitab, PowerPoint & Visio required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely visit assigned facilities to provide safety compliance assistance and coaching and assess compliance with applicable safety regulations and company policies. Identifying health & safety risks and hazards in the workplace and assisting sites with developing and implementing prevention programs
- Advising operations leaders and employees on how to minimize hazards and risks in the workplace and improve health & safety performance
- Assisting sites in complying with applicable health & safety requirements
- Training site employees on health & safety requirements and the EH&S management system
- Assisting sites with implementing JELD-WEN EH&S programs, policies & standards and EH&S management system
- Training operations leaders and line managers to recognize hazards and risks and leading the line organization in identifying and controlling hazards and risks
- Conducting health & safety inspections in the workplace
- Participate in the Global S&H audits as required
- Offering general health & safety advice to business and site leaders and employees
- Ensuring injuries, illnesses and near misses are reported to the global environmental, health & safety department and business leaders
- Assisting sites with incident investigations and regulatory inspections
- Communicating H&S performance with site leadership
- Assisting sites with maintaining accurate H&S records applicable for the site, e.g. OSHA injury & illness logs, training documentation, equipment inspection records, etc.
- Assisting sites with implementing health & safety inspection and audit findings and tracking findings to closure
- Assisting plant managers with establishing and maintaining a site environmental, health & safety council
- Sharing environmental, health & safety lessons learned and encourage a learning culture on health & safety
- Partnering closely with all site leaders to create, maintain and improve our safety environment
- Provide health & safety updates to the V.P. Global EH&S and Business Unit Senior Leadership
- Assist sites and regions with preparing and responding to regulatory inquiries/notices of violations by federal, state, provincial and governmental safety and health authorities
- BS Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Engineering or similar
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- 7-10 years of environmental, health & safety experience preferably in a global manufacturing organization with multi-site responsibilities
- Experience implementing EH&S Management Systems, e.g. ISO 14001, ANSI Z-10, OSHAS 18001, or ISO 45001
- Significant knowledge of OSHA regulations required
- Experience using web-based systems to support EH&S, e.g. Enablon, Gen-Suite, Process Map, or similar
- Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation, project management skills are essential
- Proficiency in LEAN and Continuous Improvement manufacturing principles
- Experience implementing “new view” S&H programs such as Human & Organizational Performance desired
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Process safety management experience desired
- Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Access databases
- Strong analytical skills to analyze safety & health data
- Up to 50% overnight travel required.