This position supports the Eastern region of the United States, open on candidate location within that region.
Regional Recruiting Director is responsible for achieving the firm’s experienced FA recruiting success objectives within the assigned region.
- Source and meet with individual FA candidates daily.
- Manage internal Recruiting Specialist to maximize success of sourcing quality candidates.
- Identify small broker dealer and/or large team “take over” targets within assigned region and help develop appropriate recruiting / communication strategy to position Waddell & Reed in best light.
- Utilize W&R’s Bank Partnership Program, Business Partnership Model, Formal Teaming and Succession Planning opportunities to increase recruiting results.
- Develop a network of industry experts, leaders and centers of influence to source recruit candidates.
- Develop strategies for W&R Financial Advisors to identify and refer external candidates as possible BPM or Team member candidates.
- Act as platform consultant and resource on the details of the platform such as fees, products, technology, support, processes and successes.
- Train field leadership viaconference call, WebEx, one-on-ones,postedtraining presentations, reference guides, branch office visits, participation in Regional calls, cluster meetings.
- Recruiting topics to include: sourcing, initial conversations, career presentation, follow-up, Candidate Profile, making the offer and closing.
- W&R platform issues to include: products, technology, compensation, operations, transition.
- Strategize with field leaders prior to FA Candidate Selection Committee meeting to proactively identify any hurdles and gather additional information necessary to properly present candidate.
- Assist in moving candidates through the sales cycle from initial contact through closing via face-to-face meetings or, if necessary, conference calls.
- Provide expertise to field leaders on our Transition Bonus structures and Profitability Analysis.
- Host and organize FA Candidate Home Office Visits.
- Stay abreast of Waddell & Reed’s competitive advantages, key personnel and subject matter expert offerings, compensation, technology, marketing, products, selling agreements and services.
- Develop and maintain knowledge concerning competitor product/service offerings and compensation packages in order to identify key points of differentiation in recruiting for Waddell & Reed.
- Maintain proactive open communication with Field Leaders and RVP within an assigned geographic territory.
- Communicate platform/product gaps to Senior Management.
- Support RVP’s experienced FA recruiting agenda and assist in accountability with managers as requested.
- Maintain detailed logs / files of all interaction with candidates.
- Provide appropriate recruiting activity and results reports to supervisor on weekly basis.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience as an FA and Field Leader
- Series 7, 63, 65/66, 24 and Life/Health Insurance licenses preferred.
- Verifiable success as a recruiter of experienced Financial Advisors
- Extensive industry knowledge and network with FAs and leaders from competitor firms within assigned region
- Strong working relationship with outside recruiting firms and key industry centers of influence
- FA training experience and strong presentation skills
- Ability to provide recruiting skills training and ongoing coaching to W&R field leaders