Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position is responsible for the management and development of the Global Quality team and Country Managers to integrate quality with the operation and the associated business unit strategy and key performance indicators. They will utilize the QMS and related tools/processes to identify areas for improvement that can accelerate business results and reduce COPQ with the ultimate goal of implementing operational excellence. The quality plan for the regions will be based upon the quality strategy, needs and expectations of the Business Units which is aligned with the corporate quality strategy. The primary focus of the regional team is the execution of quality strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and governance to the functional leadership in applying operational excellence principles and tools to drive sustainable business improvements.
- Work closely with the Global Business Unit Quality Managers to ensure the regional quality resources have the knowledge, skills and abilities to execute the quality plan throughout our worldwide operations. Specific task include, align processes across business units, regions, and sites. Conducts the QMS maturity path assessments and provides results to the Global Business Unit Quality Managers.
- Work closely with Country Managers to ensure the QMS is aligned with regional business needs and the regional strategic plan.
- Develop budgets, determines staffing requirements / optimization of quality assurance, supplier quality, control, and document control resources.
- Selection and ongoing competency development of the regional quality resources in both quality and operation excellence. Utilize the operational excellence framework to develop and deploy the competency system.
- Manage and assess the effectiveness of the companywide quality based software system that can generate meaningful data to drive overall quality improvement.
- Establish means to communicate to the Global Quality Managers the performance of the regions on: customer feedback, results of QMS maturity path assessments, process metrics, analysis of non-conformances and cost of poor quality, internal audits, and other key performance indicators.
- Guide, mentor and coach regional resources to conduct in depth data analysis for the identification of opportunities to improve business results and KPI’s. Communicate with the Global Business Unit Quality Managers and OE leaders to prioritize and staff the potential projects and manage the project deck.
- Ability to manage and coach regional resources and project leaders in applicable improvement methodologies based upon the needs to the business, i.e. DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control), TapRooT and other root cause analysis tools, kaizen facilitation events, continuous improvement and leadership tools.
- Manage the execution of OE projects at the site or regional level, as defined by the Global Business Unit Quality Managers.
- Support the execution of the tactical action plans for the various Business Units and Shared Services.
- Travelrequired: 25% - 50%.
- Include supplier quality process into the overall QMS. Identify supplier quality priorities based upon the risk and overall business needs and impact. For critical suppliers, implement supplier development plans focused on capability related to CTQs.
- Communicate needs and expectations to the Supplier Quality Leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Director of Quality – Oilfield.
- Bachelor’s degree in quality management, engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of experience in process improvement, quality management, or supplier management with an emphasis on process improvement
- Experience with managing a Global team
- Experience in both manufacturing and service related fields is required
- Success in international environment and cultures
- Six Sigma / Lean Management Green Belt certification
- Six SigmaBlack Belt certification
- Strategy deployment, management by objectives, culture change initiatives, change management and organizational development concepts