The Regional Quality Manager is responsible for supporting the quality-focused efforts of the Division through facilitating the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of the various quality components in the McCarthy Field Procedures Manual applicable to the specific projects to which they are assigned. The Regional Quality Manager is a resource of knowledge and expertise for their projects and may be called upon by the Division Quality Director if they possess special knowledge that may be useful on another project. The Regional Quality Manager is a mentor and trainer to other members of the project team to foster pride of work and accountability for actions.
As part of the McCarthy's Quality Program, the Regional Quality Manager will have the opportunity to identify and document Best Practices and Internal Technical Resources on their projects. The Regional Quality Manager will document the value of the quality program for their project, as well as the cost of poor quality.
- Partner with the project teams and help them manage identified quality challenges on their projects as well as challenges that come up during the execution of the project. This role is not to just identify concerns but to work with the teams to successfully resolve them.
- Assist the Quality Director with identifying, coordinating, and overseeing all quality specific trainings for the region including peer group meetings, periodic Quality meetings and involved with corporate trainings including the management development program.
- Responsible for aiding project personnel in the implementation for the quality program activities on their project through proactive training, support and examples.
- Participate with corporate quality programs in assisting with the development of corporate quality goals and objectives.
- Participates and accomplish periodic site evaluations. Maintain, evaluate and report on quality metrics.
- Participate and assist with the implementation of Site Specific Quality Plans, Building Enclosure Coordination Programs, Water Infiltration Prevention Programs, Critical Environment, Flooring Coordination Programs, and Infection Control Programs for assigned projects.
- Assist with Quality Planning efforts on their assigned projects including trade partner coordination, development of installation verification checklists, mock up and sample construction planning and execution.
- Provide expertise and knowledge in streamlining quality processes in accordance with McCarthy Policies and Procedures.
- Assist Quality Director with periodic reporting including monthly divisional newsletters, monthly quality metrics, update on quality incidents and end of project value added summaries.
- Partner with Key Owners, Architects and Engineers to discuss quality indices, and review avoided issues due to McCarthy's Quality Program.
- Work directly with McCarthy's quality tracking software (Origami) to review claims and lessons learned. Maintain and monitor best practices within the database.
- Acts as an interface within the market partnering with key quality associations, A/E/C associations and business leaders to build and maintain and active network of contacts and create trust-based relationships.
The Regional Quality Manager may have duties during Pre-Construction, Construction and Project Close-out.
- Determine the requirements for Mock-Ups and/or Sample Construction and facilitate the development of a schedule for timely execution, as well as inclusion in the project budget and front ends.
- Determine requirements for Pre-Construction, Pre-Installation and 1st Installation Meetings. Develop a schedule for timely execution.
- Identify the need for Temporary Protection Measures in support of the Water Infiltration Prevention Program, including inclusion in the project budget
- Facilitate the identification and use of a Building Enclosure Consultant to review the design documents in accordance with our Building Enclosure Coordination Program.
- Assist with the development of the Test and Inspection (Verification) Logs for components, systems and assemblies in conformance with the format included with the SSQP template
- Assist with the development of the Close-out Documentation Log.
- Assist with the identification of Temporary Protection Measures in support of the Water Infiltration Prevention Program, including inclusion in the project budget.
- Assist with the review of submittals by responsible member(s) of the McCarthy's project staff and verify accuracy and completeness of document prior to submission to the Owner.
- Work with the appropriate member(s) of the McCarthy project staff and subcontractors to implement requirements for Mock-Ups and Sample Construction
- Participate and assist with Pre-Construction, Pre-Installation, 1st Installation Meetings, and on-going testing and verification for their assigned projects.
- Ensure project teams work with each trade partner to develop a program for inspection and verification of key equipment as it is delivered to the site.
- Assist with the coordination of the use of the various specialty consulting services identified for the project.
Project Closeout Activities:
- With the Superintendent(s) and Project Engineer(s), perform a pre-punch assessment of the completed work and confirm that the corrections are made by the subcontractor. Coordinate punch-list activities by the A/E and/or Owner and verify that the corrections are made by the subcontractor. Accumulate Final Acceptance documentation.
- Verify that Close-out Documents are compiled according to the contract documents.
- Participate in the "Lessons Learned" process and ensure they are shared on KnowledgeBuilder.
- 7+ Years of experience working on large healthcare, science and technology and/or higher education projects, $20 M+.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Ability to work with all construction groups—management, owners, trades and subcontractors
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, decision-making, leadership, and problem solving skills.