Overview of the Regional Quality Manager position
Responsible for regional plant facility planning, implementation and measuring of DS Services Quality Program for product, package & coolers ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Performs DS Services Audits biannually.
- Assist in the execution of plant corrective actions.
- Develop plant level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for product & package quality.
- Performs monthly review with plant personnel to include KPI review, customer complaint trends, and process control issues and 5S activities.
- Shares responsibility in maintaining facility, product and source permitting.
- Shares responsibility in maintaining source water quality.
- Facilitates self-directed sales/branch audit process.
- Assist in obtaining International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) Certified Plant Operator (CPO) certification and plant Safe Quality Food (SQF) Certification (where applicable).
- Monitors implementation of Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Perform co-packer and Primo Water audits annually as needed.
- Shares responsibility for assuring implementation of DS services (DSS) Quality Standards for co-packer operations.
- Participates in new product development initiatives as required.
- Assist in developing and improving skills/competencies in the manufacturing plants.
- Advises Directors of Production on technical/quality issues, updates on technical/regulatory requirements
- Shares responsibility for implementation support of FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requirements and regulations for internal DS Services production locations.
- Bachelor's degree in either Food Science, Life Science or related experience.
- Minimum five to ten years of plant quality management in food, beverage or related industry.
- Three to five years in a multi-plant quality management role preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work successfully with minimum supervision.
- Strong knowledge of quality and hygiene regulations; HACCP and CI process.
- Thorough understanding of 5S process; water treatment process and science.
- Knowledge of budgetary applications and cost awareness operations.
- Ability to successfully obtain IBWA CPO and SQF practitioner status
- Ability to successfully obtain FSMA Preferred Qualified Individual (PCQI) training for compliance with FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requirements.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.