More information about this job
From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we’re about doing things that actually make a difference in your life and the way you live. Meritage Homes is a thriving company that believes in building beautiful, incredibly innovative and energy-efficient homes people adore.
We were the first national top 10 homebuilder to have every home we build be 100% ENERGY STAR® certified. And with more than 100,000 homes built, our focus, since day one, has been to build incredible new homes and communities in prime locations for fantastic prices. But more than anything, we build energy-efficient homes and communities for people who appreciate a home being built the way it can, and should, be built. And for the staff at Meritage Homes that make this all possible, we believe in having the same standards of quality and reward that make for an enjoyable career.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in a number of ways, including:
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- A competitive drive to be the best
- Pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment, superior service, and exceptional value
- Top-notch benefits
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital asset
The Plans Administrator will support the region and divisions by administering various processes and tasks related to changes and revisions needed in order to meet business needs. This position will be responsible for managing the plan library over various divisions and collaborating with internal team members and municipalities on product development requirements. This includes redlining and editing plan documents in response to requests from cities, municipalities and HOA’s to meet their requirements utilizing CAD and other automated tools and programs. The Plans Administrator will:
- Support coordination of architectural and engineering after final product and plan development
- Manage invoicing for all contracts and reconcile for payment
- Manage intricate plan library over numerous divisions
- Collaborate with the internal Forward Planning team and Municipalities on product development requirements
- Update plans when there is a construction and architecture (plan to implementation) issue - Prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. in AutoCAD Architecture and related tools and programs
- Redline plans to meet HOA and/or City requirements
- Facilitate all Municipal Plan submittals and approvals for construction documentation
- Manage any new option, engineering revisions and Municipal code updates to plans and contracts
- Work closely with Regional Plans Manager to assist with special projects and perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred. Required Minimum Associate’s degree (A.A.) in drafting, architecture, or equivalent from a two-year college.
- 2+ years of recent experience in AutoCAD Architecture in a construction environment required
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time work experience in a production/residential construction and design environment.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting deadlines with limited supervision and changing priorities
- Organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines, often with interruptions, changing circumstances, in a fast-paced work environment.
- Thrives in changing environment and maintains a positive attitude
- Strong Oral/Written Communication and Interpersonal, and Customer Service skills; ability to communicate effectively with a high degree of professionalism
- Proven experience in providing excellent service to internal business partners in multiple geographic regions.
Job ID 2017-4355