Regional Property Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Real Estate
The Regional Manager is responsible for the management of a portfolio of apartment communities in a given geographic area. This person is focused on the financial performance of each community, ensuring that it is properly staffed and managed to provide an optimal return to the investors. Additionally, this employee has specific training and leadership ability to oversee multiple managers/direct reports and provide guidance on operating and financial matters to those managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and support the organization’s mission, vision, strategy, culture, goals, and objectives.
- Hire, train and supervise portfolio Property Managers and other site associates as necessary.
- Evaluate the staff of each community in regards to sales expertise.
- Ensure that all staff members provide the highest level of service to residents.
- Meet budgeted income, expense and leasing goals for the portfolio.
- Work with owner/investment partners to maintain and improve the value of the assets.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with Property Managers to keep them apprised of current issues.
- Oversight of the annual budget process for each property.
- Review the financial operations of each Property Manager on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate market conditions with each Property Manager to determine unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals. Shop competitors in person every quarter with the Property Manager.
- Assist each Property Manager in the development of an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a periodic basis.
- Approve all capital projects and major contracts.
- Conduct property visits as deemed necessary to maximize the performance of the asset.
- Communicate with owner/asset manager as required.
- Assist with due diligence of new assets.
- Other assignments as given by the President.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports Property Manager and responds to highly sensitive resident requests/concerns in a timely, professional manner.
- Demonstrates customer service skills by treating residents, coworkers, supervisors, vendors, owners with respect, answering questions in a calm, professional, respectful manner. Responds sensitively to concerns/complaints and exhibits a high sense of urgency.
- Attends owner/resident activities and functions after hours as needed.
- Maintains a completely clean and neat uniform. Personal appearance must be clean and neat at all times, according to policy.
- Manages and motivates the Property Managers and onsite staff and gives consistent verbal and written feedback.
- Trains and develops subordinates (provides on-the-job training and schedules company training).
- Manages the client/owner relationship by meeting with owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
- The RM role reports to the Regional Vice President who sets broad directives and narrow assignments by defining specific responsibilities, priorities, and deadlines.
- The RM plans and carries out the successive steps of regular duties and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with objectives, policies, previous training, or company practices.
- Success is evaluated based primarily on job specific performance related to the portfolio.
- Assists the Property Managers and onsite staff with tasks as required.
- Embraces and executes the vision, mission, and beliefs of the Company.
- Is punctual and present at work when scheduled.
- Flexible with the work schedule, including availability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- BA/BS in Business or related field preferred.
- At least three years multi-site apartment experiencerequired, with a minimum portfolio of 1,500 units of four or more properties.
- Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI®, and RealPage.
- Understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, familiarity with GAA Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
LICENSE(S) OR CERTIFICATION(S) PREFERRED:
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- CAM®, ARM® designation preferred. May be required to become certified within six months of employment.
- Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards.