The Regional Property Manager is responsible for the business plan execution for an assigned portfolio of properties. They will have a proven track record in managing a diverse portfolio of properties, be a motivator, a good communicator, and a hands-on manager. Regional Property Managers have direct accountability over Property Managers to ensure implementation and execution of all corporate policies and procedures and to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Responsible for implementing and managing individual site business plans including investment objectives, compliance goals, marketing positioning, people, asset quality, and financial goals and objectives.
- Act as the main point of contact related to all property related items with owner representative in the manner the client prefers. Understand and be able to communicate terms of the Property Management Agreement.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual reporting to the client. Examples include property status reports, financial and operational reports and capex and marketing plans.
- Responsible for review and approval of all property purchasing with complete adherence to the expense budget.
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop marketing budgets and plans as well as monitor ad effectiveness and spend.
- Engage in revenue management pricing including attendance at all pricing calls with the Revenue Management team.
- Review resident and mystery shop survey results and create action plans for team members who don’t meet minimum requirements.
- Oversight of marketing activities such as reviewing market comps and economic information, review weekly lead and follow up reports, reviewing screening results and metrics
- Assist with RFP responses and participate in pitches
- Knowledge of property specific front end technology and ensure property staff utilize systems as intended.
- Oversight of property risk management, safety standards and team member and resident liability
- Work with Property Managers and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure timely preparation of rent ready apartments to full meet the demand of the market.
- Determine, implement and follow up on any corrective action plans for deficiencies found at properties.
- Ensure partnerships with vendors are executed in a manner which provides protection for Pinnacle and its clients and is consistent with management agreements.
- Enforce utilization of preferred national vendors to guarantee best pricing or aggregate proven local vendors to leverage pricing in that area.
- Partner with the Construction Services team provide selection of product and/or services, establish scope of work, obtain any necessary approvals from the client and verify goods and services being provided.
- Monitor aged payable reports to ensure that invoices are being processed and paid timely.
- Responsible for handing and resolving escalated complaints from residents.
- Oversee and review resident survey programs within assigned portfolio.
- Mentor, coach, supervise and develop onsite team members.
- Oversee HR administrative activities such as onboarding paperwork, time card approval, status and pay changes and personnel file document retention.
- Ensure training requirements are being met by onsite team members within assigned portfolio.
- Engage in recruiting activities to include sourcing, networking and selection of onsite team members.
- Participate in onboarding and off boarding activities related to property transitions.
- Complete Property Inspections and Cash Control Inspections on a monthly basis.
- Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual attendance and reports any tardiness, attendance and disciplinary issues to immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements define the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A competitive spirit
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Supervisory experience
- Warm, friendly and service oriented philosophy
- High degree of flexibility and tolerance for change
- Ability to train, develop, lead and mentor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Minimum of a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Minimum of 5 years onsite property management experience or a strong customer service oriented role
- 3-5 years people management experience; supervisory experience of a team size of at least 5 employees
- Ability to draw data driven insights from systems-driven reporting and communicate in business and financial terms to various stakeholders
- Experience working with financials and budgets
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Proficiency in Yardi property management software and related software applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer applications
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CPM, CCI, RPA, CAM preferred
- Real estate license preferred (required in some markets)