Our client is a national real estate investment firm involved in all phases of real estate investment, management, development, and leasing. The company’s properties are located in approximately eighteen (18) states throughout the United States and include office buildings, mixed use properties, shopping centers and single tenant triple net leased properties. This position will report directly to the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer headquartered in New York City.
Specific responsibilities and duties:
- Inspect assigned properties in accordance with company procedures. Identify physical improvements and deficiencies and correct them in accordance with budget guidelines and established property standards.
- Collect base rent, recoverable expenses, and percentage rent in accordance with lease agreements. Follow up on late rent payments. Issue late notices, negotiate payment plans with delinquent tenants, and initiate collection proceedings as needed.
- Maintain operating expenses within budgeted annual allowances.
- Review monthly operating statements and prepare quarterly variance reports for submission to the regional Director of Investments.
- Interface with tenants, venders, leasing and construction departments, third party contractors and senior management to insure effective property operation.
- Obtain and track tenant gross sales and insurance information, property information sheets, site plans, roof inventory spreadsheets, etc.
- Bid and negotiate individual maintenance agreements (i.e. snow removal, parking lot cleaning, landscaping, etc.).
- Review and approve expense on ongoing invoices.
- Prepare annual operating budgets.
- Work closely with our construction management team during new tenant fit-up and building capital improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years experience in commercial property management.
- Considerable knowledge of real estate principles including physical plant management and leasing. Shopping center/strip center management experience is preferred.
- Possess a basic knowledge of real estate accounting.
- Must be able to operate in a Windows environment with high proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Possess written and oral communications skills to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Be willing to learn specific property management software and navigate accounting software.