The Regional Project Specialist (Sales Role) will be responsible for managing and growing a network of customers within an assigned territory of accounts. Their focus will be two-fold; foster current customer relationships to maximize pull through, and develop new customer relationships to increase revenue generation across the install base. They will work closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Regional Account Managers, Field Application Scientists and Inside Sales to ensure successful partnering to achieve revenue goals.
Territory: SE US (Primarily FL, NC, SC, GA, TN)
- Grow existing customer relationships, and establish new customer relationships to achieve assigned consumables sales quotas including monthly and quarterly linearity targets and drive instrument pull through on the existing territory nCounter installed base.
- Become recognized as the go to ‘project consultant’ by customers, in order to generate new consumables projects and expand existing customer projects to grow revenue. Maintain expert domain knowledge on applications, new NanoString publications and NanoString products in order to have maximum credibility and impact with customers and to counter detail effectively versus competitor offerings.
- Drive the entire CodeSet project sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Prospect for potential customers using direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with FAS (Field Applications Specialists) and ISR (Inside Sales Representatives).
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales stage gating.
- Regularly present to key decision makers and laboratory staff to drive awareness of NanoString products and applications.
- Work with technical support and FAS where required to address customer project requirements. Rapidly handover standard requests for technical support to the FAS and internal technical support teams.
- Develop and maintain territory plans with FAS and ISR which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis. Maintain expert knowledge on consortia, opportunities presented by new grants and other funding sources at the territory level.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
- Highly effective CRM management including detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and funnel management to enable forecasts on ‘best case’ and ‘most likely’ sales revenue for current and next quarter.
- Partner with marketing to plan and execute lead generation and awareness campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- MS or BS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field (laboratory experiencepreferred).
- A strong understanding and familiarity with gene expression technologies including qPCR, microarray analysis and Next Generation Sequencing.
- A minimum of 5 years of related field salesexperience, with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to travel 40-70% of the time (territory dependent).
- Ability to create and deliver highly effective presentations
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to participate in the growth and success of the commercial team.
- Strong administration skills including CRM and process documentation with a focus on process improvement and efficiency.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams to launch new products or investigate customer issues
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.