Position Summary:Regional Product Managers for the Probiotics Business Unitreportto the Director of Product Management for the Americas. In this role, RPMs:
- Strive to balance customers’ needs with profitability and internal supply capability.
- Achieve maximum sustainable top-line growth and profitability of probiotic products in the NAFTA region by:
- Executing regional business strategy to maximize value leadership in the market.
- Maximizing agility and responsiveness to meet customer needs.
- Enabling the sales team to effectively represent probiotics products, features, and value propositions.
- Developing industry and key account plans with sales and marketing teams.
- Providing business direction in cross-functional project teams for product pipeline initiatives.
- Exploring new business opportunities across multiple sales channels and adjacent markets.
- Demonstrate inspirational leadership behavior and embody DuPont’s Core Values of safety, ethics, people treatment, and environmental stewardship while interacting with colleagues and customers.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:Business Unit Strategy:
- Participate in regional strategy development process that strengthen the business and product offering.
- Communicate business strategy to stakeholders in sales, technical, and operations teams.
- Monitor customer and competitor landscape, and inform internal stakeholders of trends, changes, and risks.Business Development:
- Provide business and technical support for sales managers in customer engagements.
- Build strong relationships and negotiate contracts with key customers.
- Escalate critical issues and roadblocks to the Regional Product Director for resolution. Marketing and Innovation:
- Develop new product launch plans in the region. Monitor status of launches.
- Serve as commercial leader for regional and global innovation projects.Portfolio Management:
- Understand and drive improvements in profitability and supply chain for a broad portfolio of products.
- Set prices for custom products aligned with regional pricing strategies.Reporting:
- Monitor and report on major initiatives to regional and global leadership teams.
7-10 years' work experience including 3+ years in a product management function preferred.
- B.S. required, MBA or advanced degree in marketing, business, engineering, microbiology or related field preferred.
- Excellent communication, planning, and data analysis skills.
- Ability to maintain strong drive and high energy in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix organization.
- Ability to influence others and build positive working relationships.
- Working knowledge of financial, quality, and supply chain metrics.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% for customer visits, trade shows, conferences, and team meetings.
- Strong sense of humor!
The following skill sets arepreferredby the business unit:
- 3+ years of probiotics, dietary supplements, pharma, CPG, or food industry experience.
- 3+ years of direct customer experience.
- Proficiency in SAP, Salesforce.com, and Tableau.
- Experience with dietary supplements brand owners and contract manufacturers.
- Knowledge of probiotics, their clinical benefits, and application science.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Lean.