The Regional Product Mgr III is responsible for identifying and evaluating product opportunities within the region. This role will be responsible for ensuring that all non-development projects are approached with simplicity as a key design principle, to provide the optimal consumer/agent experience and ensure that all current and future compliance and regulatory requirements are adequately met. This roll will represent the eyes and ears of Product Management within the region.
- Understands and promotes internally the regional business, consumer, teller and agent need for new products within region.
- Works with regional leaders, marketing and operations to gather requirements, as well as gain first hand input with direct interaction with consumers, tellers and agents.
- Develops detailed specification of product and completion, and signs off to the Detailed Project Description in a timely manner.
- Sign off to technical specifications as well as UX, GUI, and any other functionality that has been developed as part of UAT.
- Participate in pilot testing to ensure that the end to service works as expected.
- Ensures that new non-development projects are aligned to strategy and designed as per blueprint.
- Ensure exceptions are signed off as per delegated authority matrix.
- Manage intake and resource allocation/capacity plan for non-development projects.
- RFI/RFP of new partners for account deposit.
- Regions select partner, but jobholder has right of veto based on technical grounds.
- Supports presales and sales activity.
- Attend presales and sales meetings as required and support a solution and consultative sales approach.
- Recommend any essential development requirements for partner based integration projects and any other IT related projects and raise these through the standard business case process.
- Work with designated IT project manager/regional project manager to provide product functionality related inputs to any non-development projects, prioritization, and delivery of initiatives on the specific product, ensuring the project meets regional business, agent, teller and consumer needs.
- BA/BS in relevant field.
- MBA preferred.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of product management experience, including marketing.
- Financial Services highly preferred.
- Gather insights and representing internally the voice of customers.
- Create product strategy and plans.
- Develop and challenge business cases.
- Multiple channel product delivery.
- Consumer pricing & promotion.
- Internal and external communication.
- Presentation and public speaking.
- Contract negotiations.
- Team building and management.
- Gather and prioritize business requirements.
- High end project management of development projects.
- Run cross-functional processes.
- Manage conflicting priorities across departments.