The role of the Product Manager is to optimize the hardscapes portfolio for the Southeastern Division including sku rationalization, new product introductions, and to serve as the liaison between the local needs and the national resources.
Customer Relationships – 20%
- Connect with key contractors and dealers to understand product gaps and opportunities. Work with the local Companies across production, marketing, finance and sales to understand the local dynamics and make recommendations to compete with product.
- Share best practices across regional peers to better understand proven wins and provide greater insights into trends, competitors, and sales drivers.
- Partner cross-functionally and solicit the VOC across multiple channels and tactics.
Product Introductions - 20%
- Manage the full product portfolio across wall, accessories, pavers, slabs, resale, and kits. Support both residential and commercial product launches and identify, prioritize, and fulfill localized product needs
- Partner with R&D and manage the Stage Gate process to bring new products to market; manage the process to ensure on-time seasonal launches from business case development to field installation
- Promote the adoption of accessories and resale to increase total portfolio and sales
SKU Rationalization and Portfolio Management - 20%
- Conduct annual Portfolio Reviews for final commitments on drops/adds; complement with quarterly business reviews to assess product performance and to proactively identify longer-term needs (work 18+ months out)
- Works cross-functionally to set an exit plan (or launch plan) that maximizes profits.
Financial Analysis, Tracking, and Reporting – 20%
- Utilize tableau and portfolio tools to track product performance and make recommendations for the portfolio overall
- Set metrics for success and track accordingly
- Expedite product adoption and grow the % of total sales with new product launches
- Influence the pricing based on the existing continuum and competitive landscape
Competitive Tracking - 10%
- Know the competitive landscape for hardscapes and like categories. Understand their product portfolio, manufacturing, pricing and color strategy. Assess their strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations to drive differentiation and a competitive advantage for Belgard.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Ability to travel 40% across the southeast region
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Preferred experience in the building materials industry
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels in the organization; strong presentation skills