Job ID: VID003701
We invite you to Imprint the WORLDTM on an exciting journey of continuous improvement! Every day, 4,000+ associates in over 38 countries work together to achieve amazing results as One Videojet. From freshness dating to track and trace coding, Videojet technologies help ensure products sold across the globe are authentic and safe for consumers to use in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and industrial marketplaces.
As a global leader in the marking and coding industry, our continued growth brings an opportunity for you to chart the course and drive your own career success. As a Videojet associate you will:
• ENGAGE in bringing consumer brands to market globally.
• DRIVE results with the Danaher Business System (DBS).
• REALIZE your potential!
Videojet Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Regional Product Manager – Thermal Ink Jet (TIJ) and Thermal Transfer Overprinter (TTO), North America located in Wood Dale, Illinois. The primary role of this position is to enable revenue and margin growth by delivering project management for key product lines. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, global organization. The employee will be a key member of the Videojet North America team and is responsible for helping drive rapid sales and market share growth in North America for our TIJ and TTO product lines. This position will also contribute to the market strategy and product plan development for those technologies. Sales, profit, pricing, and inventory are critical measurements of the product manager’s success in the role.
• Sales Support – Assist the North American sales organization with targeting and closing TIJ/TTO sales opportunities, including development of vertical prospecting lists, creation of strong value selling materials, development and review of customer quotations, participation in sales calls, and supplemental market, application, and product research as needed.
• Forecasting - Develops forecasts for sales of new products and manages actual sales to meet or exceed the forecast
• Problem solving - Leads cross-functional problem solving when performance is not meeting targets
• Order fulfillment support – Assist operations and customer service organizations in the fulfillment of TIJ/TTO orders.
• Inventory management – Working with buyer / planning group, manage TIJ/TTO inventory so that customer needs and timelines are routinely met while minimizing working capital.
• Sales and activity reporting - Lead the development and communication of sales funnels and management reports which track Videojet’s success and activity in the TIJ/TTO marketplace.
• Competitor and market analysis - Capture, analyze and present TIJ/TTO competitor and market data (trends, pricing, segment news) in North America.
• Strategic and product planning – Support the development of market winning product plan and the annual strategic planning process via VOC collection and financial, market, and pricing analysis.
• Plan and execute new product launches in North America as part of the New Product Development (NPD) process as well as being active in Maintenance Of Line (MOL).
• Education – At minimum, a bachelor’s degree. A Masters in Business and practical marketing and engineering experience is desirable.
• Work Experience – A minimum of 4 years of experience with a proven track record of managing multiple assignments to successful completion. Over period of career, there must be a proven record of increasing responsibility and task complexity.
• Special Skills – Highly computer literate (especially in Excel and PowerPoint). Solid understanding of TIJ/TTO products.
• Travel Required – 20 to 30% of the time
• Curiosity to solve problems and drive continuous improvement
• Results/process oriented by sharing a proactive approach and resourcefulness to manage timelines, analyze priorities, and deliver practical solutions that enable the creation of sustainable competitive advantage
• A self-starter who once directed needs minimal supervision to complete a task on time, on budget and correctly the first time
• Ability to drive varying levels of the Videojet organization towards a common goal
• Clear and crisp communication to multiple levels within the Videojet organization
• Technical marketing expertise to help determine the marketing mix such as pricing, advertising and promotion as well as the ability to articulate product features and benefits to customers and the sales team
Videojet Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: VID003701