The Regional Patient Access Director is responsible for hospital-based Patient Access Directors who manage daily operations of all Patient Access functions. This individual coordinates initiatives and operations with hospital leadership representatives from facilities associated with the SSC. The Regional Director interprets policies and procedures, recommends changes as appropriate, and provides relevant feedback to SSC, Solutions Management and SSC Implementation leadership. As the Patient Access leader, this person serves as a key promoter of the SSC as a service organization which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Oversee hospital-based Patient Access Directors and coordinate initiatives across facilities to ensure standardization and sharing of best practices
• Provide relevant guidance for hospital-based Patient Access Directors and other SSC Directors to resolve internal and external issues
• Inform SSC COO of any significant issues in the Patient Access area (e.g., Pre-registration delays, pre- authorization backlogs, etc.)
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Inform Patient Access Management and staff regarding payer requirements, significant changes and developments
• Review Patient Access performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in SSC Service Level Agreements
• Oversee management of Patient Access personnel, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion, salary adjustment and personnel action where appropriate
• Assume a lead role for innovation, knowledge sharing and leading practices identification within the SSC and among peer group
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Technical Expertise – Some understanding of healthcare including knowledge of healthcare terms and accounts receivable processes
• Strategic Analysis - Analytical Review skills and ability to make decisions based on analysis
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
• If a desired applicant does not have a Bachelor's degree, the requirement can be waived IF they are currently in a Bachelor degree program.
• Minimum 5 years' healthcare management experience with three of these years in the related area for the position.
• Relevant education may substitute experience requirement with SSC Executive approval.