Berry Global's Engineered Materials Division has an immediate opening for a Regional Packaging Engineer. This position has primary responsibility for all aspects of packaging for one or more portions of our business: Stretch film, Shrink/Custom films, PVC films, Ag films, Converter Films, Food Films.
Responsibilities include collaboratively working with the Product Management, Operations/Manufacturing and Purchasing Teams in the continuous design, testing, execution and analysis of commercialized packaging solutions for assigned products that aid in business growth and profitability. An understanding of retail packaging solutions in paperboard, corrugate and film are essential, while an understanding of other packaging technologies is helpful.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; acts as a role model for Safety at the plant. Participates in the Safety programs and other Corporate safety reporting programs, by reporting and addressing Unsafe Conditions, Unsafe Acts, and Close Calls.
- Provides support in the structural design and development of cost-effective packaging and shipping solutions for assigned products.
- In alignment with design objectives, develop creative packaging solutions, material drawings and specifications.
- Able to be creative and cost-efficient in all design solutions, with a clear understanding of various packaging production capabilities.
- Manages all phases of packaging projects from design to post-execution analysis.
- For current product packaging of assigned products, support continuous improvement procedures.
- Work as a team member to reach solutions, and interface with all functional groups to achieve objectives.
- Responsible for analysis and reporting of root causes related to failed packaging.
- Drives implementation of packaging standards seeking consistency across plants for which candidate is responsible.
- Benchmarks best in packaging solutions for implementation in the respective plants and/or product lines.
- Works cross-functionally to influence change in areas with no direct responsibility.
- Excellent leadership and human relations skills.
- Able to organize, coordinate and direct projects.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of relevant subject matter as it relates to product packaging and transportation.
- Able to use all related IMS tools.
- Strong knowledge of commercial elements of the business.
- Able to interact effectively with other Company departments.
- Able to fully implement change management principles.
- Comfort in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Results orientation.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in packaging design.
- Broad-based knowledge of business environment.
- Preference for Six-Sigma experience.
- Comfort in dealing with customers and manufacturing processes and personnel.
- Ability to travel extensively (25-50% depending upon business requirements).