Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Regional Ops Specialist
Summary: The goal of the Regional Ops Specialist is to ensure Grant Thornton employees receive a high level of support in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment. Grant Thornton employees are fully billable and require near 100% laptop uptime. The Regional Ops Specialist provides an enhanced level of hands on and remote support for a specific region of offices. Working in conjunction with our MSP ensuring end to end training is maintained with their field support staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Each Regional Ops Specialists is responsible for providing enhanced IT customer support for an average of 5 office in a specific region.
- Provides a co-delivery service with the MSP field technicians to quickly identify issues, provide guidance in an efficient and timely return to service for Grant Thornton users.
- Monitors patterns in issues for proper escalation to their Field Operations Lead to avoid or minimize major service interruptions.
- Own escalated issues and bring them to resolution as quickly as possible while providing proactive updates.
- Monitors trends in issues to request proper knowledge be documented and training is provided to all parties including the MSP field support staff.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for MSP field technicians and assists in troubleshooting complex laptop issues for quick resolution or proper escalation to their Field Operations Lead.
- Participate in MIM calls for their offices of support to assist with gathering information, troubleshooting and testing of solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues in a Windows 10, Office 365 and SharePoint environment.
- Utilize remote support tools in support of dispatch offices where an MSP technician is not always on site.
- Responsible for ensuring knowledgebase is current and continuously maintained.
- Works with MSP service units to ensure knowledge is shared, issues resolved, and communication is open for continuous dialog.
- Ensure tickets are properly updated and asset management system is properly updated.
- Participates in testing of images and software deployments at the Pilot level ensuring documentation is accurate and then provided to MSP field technicians.
- Assists with events at offices or conferences in their region
- Provide concise and detailed information on issue when escalating to other groups or regional manager for assistance.
- Be proactive in taking ownership for tasks and managing them through completion with little direction, with knowing when to ask for help and escalating issues.
- Mentor MSP field technicians by demonstrating best practices and proper communication styles.
- Works closely with the Office Managers in their designated region to maintain open dialogue of any IT concerns or issues
- Assist with deploying new software, from initial inquiry, to launch and possibly ongoing to support.
- Flexibility to learn new technologies and quickly adapt.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience end user services, information technology or related field preferred
- 10 or more years of experience in field service support working with technology industry
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems
- Strong Knowledge of Office products
- Knowledge of Remedy or ServiceNow ticket systems
- Established laptop hardware experience
- Strong understanding of mobile devices calendar and mail support for iOS and Android
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients and team members
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment