Responsible for overseeing operations for all assigned warehouses. Oversees and manages operating metrics, business processes and safety performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer and support safety and health programs across assigned facilities to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with government regulations. Foster safe handling, loading and storage of hazardous materials.
- Utilize work method programs for training and education to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work. Develop improved performance of employees through feedback and coaching.
- Utilize independent judgment and effectively recommend personnel actions in accordance with company policy, procedures and contractual language. Provide appropriate coaching and documentation of actions.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Effectively manage cost and productivity at responsible warehouses.
- Active role in customer initiatives and pricing direction.
- Active role in WMS changes and direction.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Earning Trust - Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenges.
- Execution -Ensuring others contribute to organization strategies by focusing them on the most critical priorities, measuring progress, and ensuring accountability against those metrics.
- Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to implement better approaches to address problems and opportunities; leading the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Seven (7) years previous transportation and logistics experience.
- Knowledge of proper warehousing techniques.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Travel will be required for this position, about 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation or related area.
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.