Our Ophthalmic Division is currently seeking a Regional Operations Manager to provide leadership, direction and support to multiple branch locations within the U.S. This is an excellent opportunity to join our TEAM…We are the #1 independent optical wholesaler in America!
Responsible for the management and efficient use of all Ophthalmic Division operational assets; directly responsible for asset optimization and branch profitability in assigned region.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly service and production activities and output for the branches to achieve divisional production and service goals.
- Trains and directs personnel in performing operations and customer care according to efficient operating principles; actively participates and engages in continuous improvement processes such as our Four Disciplines of Execution (4DX) program.
- Anticipates and determines causes of branch service delays and production shortfalls, recommends appropriate action to effect positive change;
- Work with VP/General Manager in the design and execution of major laboratory initiatives;
- Interview, hire, train and coach branch managers;
- Make customer calls with the Branch and/or Sales Account Manager to better understand customer concerns and resolve customer issues;
- Assists VP/General Manager in the planning and holding of divisional meetings.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Training in optical technology or equivalent manufacturing industry experience
- Minimum 5 yrs. management or supervisory experience
- Strong personal leadership, customer service and communications skills
- Strong organizational, motivational and administrative skills; analytical skills; experience with manufacturing and process workflow optimization
- Excellent understanding of branch operations and customer care for optimal service, production and workflow efficiencies
- Ability to train and direct personnel
- Advanced computer skills with business process design applications; Digital Vision Inc. (DVI) optical lab software knowledge important
- Extensive travelrequired for on-site branch visits, 80% or more.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with insurable driving record that complies with the Walman Optical Company Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)