The Operations team at MEDNAX is responsible for the oversight of medical group practices and successful market growth and development in a designated region. Practices include Anesthesiology, Adult Critical Care and Women’s and Children’s Services. Practice and market oversite includes strategic evaluation of the business, practice operations, leading the team and team member development, risk management, managing growth of the market/region, and negotiating and influencing collaborative outcomes with all constituencies. Successful results are dependent on all Operations team members participating in these activities and working together towards Organizational goals. The operations team spans a spectrum of leadership that includes Operations Specialist, Operations Manager, Director of Operations, Regional Vice President and Regional President, with each role having an important and valuable part to play in the success of the team and region.
- Ensures Optimum Practice Lifecycle Management and manages practice operations tasks such as:
- Assist the DO and practice in managing the practice staffing model, both clinical and non-clinical, to ensure that our practices are appropriately staffed.
- Hospital contract tracking
- Employment agreement tracking and monitoring for changes/renewals/increases
- Physician or key staff recruitment and on-boarding
- Corporate, Division or Regional information requests
- Marketing/Promotional activities
- Communication initiatives
- Attend meetings and participate with physicians, practices and hospital administrators as requested.
- Work with the Marketing department to develop and produce market intel for use for operational improvements, growth and business development.
- Work to conduct and manage practice assessments, with the goal of ensuring that our practices are operating in the most optimal fashion.
- Acts as liaison with Clinical Services and advocate for Safety and Quality initiatives.
- Assist in completion of annual Hospital Administrator Reports.
- Analyze referring physician report and assist in development of action plans to strengthen relationships with referring physicians.
- Utilize Press Ganey results to monitor patient satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor clinical and nonclinical staffing levels to ensure practices are appropriately staffed.
- Attend calls to discuss any office build outs, moves, property repairs and/or furniture orders.
- May be responsible for own small book of business with DO oversight.
- Operational Summary Management: assist in monthly financial reviews, ensure that practices are achieving profitability metrics, and working closely with Practice Management and Medical Directors on problem areas with a focus on problem resolution.
- Pro forma Development: Manage the pro forma process by providing finance the overview of the business and specific financial data necessary to complete the pro forma. Should be able to complete basic pro formas when needed by finance department.
- Budget: Work with the DO’s to develop plan for the budget and assist the finance department in obtaining necessary data to complete the budget. Review and analyze monthly financial statements and dashboard reports for multiple practices.
Assist HR and DO in the recruitment process as needed; by screening candidates, managing requisitions and conducting interviews.
Manage the process of bringing new clinical staff into the practice by being the point person for the shared services division during the on-boarding process, ensuring a seamless on-boarding experience.
Work with Patient Accounts team to review practice operations:
- Review practice billing and collections and provide root cause analysis.
- Attend monthly conference calls with Patient Accounts.
Assist DO in managing all contracting projects, existing and negotiations with Legal.
- Work with integration team to ensure all departments have been notified of any new pro formas.
- Attend all conference calls to monitor the progress of the integration.
Participate in managed care initiatives and negotiations, etc.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience Required: 3 – 5 years relevant professional experiencerequired, and at least 1 year healthcare operations experiencerequired.
Travel Requirement: 10% within sub-region market (air and ground travel)
- Skill in exercising a high degree of judgment, discretion and decision making necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with financial statement review and analysis.
- Must possess analytical skill sufficient to organize and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Must effectively be able to independently prioritize work to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms with multiple levels of Regional and Corporate personnel, practice medical directors and staff, as well as hospital partners.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to lead small or medium size projects.
- Must foster a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external customers.
- Must work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Process Improvement, Supply Chain or vendor management experience or LEAN certification preferred
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in managing people required.
- Relationship management experiencerequired.
- Ability or potential to manage own small book of business, with Director of Operations oversight preferred.
- Ability to progress to the Director of Operations role.