ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEMs in the US, Europe, Asia & Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electronic components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, stamping, automated and manual assembly. We have locations in the U.S., China, Mexico, Slovenia, Hungary, Bulgaria & Italy.
The Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Appliance Components enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- · Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- · Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- · Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
- Leadership role that is challenging with significant visibility
- Global strategic operations focus
The NA Region Operations Manager will report to Global Operations Director and will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities of a multi-site organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations.
This position will be responsible for multiple locations including : Des Plaines, IL, New Berlin, WI, and Juarez, MX.
- Actively analyzes Key Performance Indicators for divisional operation and adjust/implement lean manufacturing and quality processes and systems leveraging the ITW Toolbox, 5S and related world class manufacturing improvement techniques/framework to produce optimum operational excellence and P&L improvement.
- Drives operations excellence through conversion cost reduction, implement sourcing saving and work with the team to simplify business processes.
- Drive ssupply chain simplification, local for local manufacturing strategy, and key automation projects on growth product segments.
- Directs operational strategies to continuously deliver exceptional customer service.
- Serves as a key partner of the Regional Leadership team and works close with Sales, Engineering, Finance and HR.
- Champions the ITW Leadership Development framework, developing talent within the business. Identifies and develops key leaders for furture roles and proactively builds the talent pipeline for operations in North America.
- Supports new product development and modifications with engineering support for design, process and validation functions.
- Will have oversight and provide leadership over Quality, Purchasing and Customer Service
- Leads, develops and implements policies and procedures that support and drive annual plan and LRP achievement.
- Analyzes and manages the operations’ financial performance.
- Pro actively direct the resolution of operational, quality, and maintenance issues to ensure effective management of cost and prevention of operational delays.
- Actively analyzes divisional productivity and capacity utilization, including outside processing.
- Must be able to foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree is required or equivalent ITW experience, including supervisory experience
• Minimum 10 years of management experience in leading large growing lean manufacturing operations.
• Experience running multiple facilities a plus.
• Prior injection molding, stampings and high volume automation experiences a plus
• Ability to develop and communicate KPI’s to meet operational excellence.
• Strong business analytical skills, with 80/20 mindset.
• Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture” and understand the key trends and levers that drive the business
• Passion for delivering results and innovation in a diverse global organization
• Proven communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills across all organizational levels
• Be able to effectively drive cross-group collaboration and cooperation, using strong communication, project management, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated understanding of financials including working knowledge of income statements, budgeting, and capital planning.
• Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing operational plans to improve efficiency. Must possess decision making skills necessary to flourish in an ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability to make tough business and leadership decisions.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to travel domestic 25-30%
• Demonstrated ability to build, develop and manage a remote work team and develop future leaders/managers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Apply Now Not ready to Apply?