JOB SUMMARY: This is an exciting position with a fast-growing dynamic private company. We are looking for an individual with excellent customer relation skills and the ability to develop and implement safety and compliance objectives. The Regional Manager position is responsible for all employees, equipment and customers within the assigned areas and for enforcing company policies including state and federal laws and regulations. This position is also responsible for customer satisfaction and company profitability within the managed locations while meeting company goals for Safety & Compliance, Customer Service, Financials and yearly Objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for oversight and compliance of multiple operations and management teams.
- Provide direction and leadership to local site managers with respect to safety, customer service, and cost
- Interacts with customers daily to ensure that expectations are being met with respect to both service and cost.
- Troubleshoots site level issues using metrics/data and observation to recommend and implement solutions that improve operational service and efficiency.
- Mentors and coaches local site managers / fleet managers to be proactive and empowered leaders of the business.
- Liaisons between local site management and overhead/corporate functions to ensure internal process compliance as well as to ensure that field managers have the tools and assistance needed to be successful.
- Travel extensively to locations requiring management coverage during transition, vacation, surge, or other unforeseen needs.
- Utilize strong communication skills to convey information to all levels of an organization company or customer.
- Provide guidance and training to new associates.
- Recruit, hire, and train new members of our driving team.
- Contribute time and skills to the projects team as need for new business implementation which often requires extensive travel.
- Perform focused on-site operational audits to confirm site compliance to company policy and DOT regulation.
- Be a strong ambassador of our company culture to all members of the team.
- Develop and present analysis regarding service and spend to customers and internal/external senior management teams.
- Vacation and emergency coverage as needed. Drive continuous improvement and cost reducing innovation for all customers. Ensuring all operations are staffed with the contracted level of driving and non-driving associates.
- Above average knowledge of Operations, Hours of Service regulations, and DOT / State Regulations within the transportation industry.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 90% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Management
- 3+ years of proven management experience, preferably in a transportation environment.
- Excellent internal and external customer relation skills on a regional level and ability to develop and implement safety and compliance per company policy.
- Ability to develop and implement cost savings for area while maintaining the highest service levels.
- Ability to lead by example and foster collaboration within the workplace and to lead with the highest integrity, professionalism and respect.
- Must continually change, adapt and be flexible in all areas of responsibility.
- Must be highly motivated, goal oriented and able to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to work with and motivate employees, coach, council and discipline employees when needed.