Job ID: EN_US_1704757
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Regional Operations Engineer to join our Agricultural Products (AP) Division, based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Regional Operations Engineer (1704757) – RTP, NC
As a Regional Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the maximizing the efficiency and utilization of the BASF formulation and packaging assets in North America. You will help implement new, transferred or improved formulation processes within BASF’s crop protection portfolio into BASF and Toller facilities. You will work directly with the manufacturing sites by assisting with debottlenecking and expansion of their current facilities.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide engineering guidance and support to assist with the optimization of manufacturing units in BASF and Toll Manufacturer Sites in North America
- Review capital projects and provide ideas and suggestions for improvements from an engineering/design perspective
- Stay current on industry trends in formulation and packaging technologies to be a resource for improvement ideas at BASF and Toll Manufacturer formulation sites in North America
- Assist with product launches and transfers by acting as a technical engineering resource for the formulation site
- Rework and re-label products in a safe and timely manner per marketing’s request to ensure sales timelines are met
- Manage the Bulk Storage Stability Program for AP in North America to ensure accurate shelf lives are assigned to formulated products
- Obtain special samples for other groups in AP as requested and needed
This position is part of a job family. If selected, you will be hired at a level that matches your knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please select:
BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- BS Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or other Scientific discipline
- 5+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing operations
- Knowledgeable in process safety and chemical hygiene guidelines
- Willing and able to travel domestically up to 50% of the time
We Also Look For…
- Experience with crop protection formulations including; blending, milling, extrusion, filling & packaging operations
- Knowledge in scale-up formulations from pilot to manufacturing scale
- Experience with managing contract/third-party employees to support short-term assignments
- Experience with warehouse operations and Toll Manufacturers
- Strong knowledge of FIFRA requirements, particularly with labeling