Summary of Position: The Regional Operational Excellence Manager will work directly with plant managers and operations employees to focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety and space utilization. The position is responsible for contributing knowledge, performing analysis, developing solutions, justifying investment, managing implementation projects, integrating systems with processes, providing training, and measuring results. The Manager reports to the Head of Operational Excellence. Key Accountabilities:
- Provide Operational Excellence leadership, which includes: identifying performance, customer service and competitive weaknesses; developing solution options using improvement methods; defining and financially justifying projects; documenting processes and practices; integrating systems and equipment; training and coaching of resources; leading on-site resources to execute projects; tracking project status and results; anticipating and removing project barriers; and developing team members.
- Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with business strategy and coordinated with the appropriate process owners to accomplish key goals.
- Utilize improvement and analysis methods, such as strategic planning, operations research, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, facility and work cell design, product slotting, IT systems integration, performance measurement, benchmarking, financial analysis, and cost justification.
- Conduct and facilitate workouts with plant personnel to understand current processes and challenges, to encourage input and jointly develop solution options, to provide training, and manage change.
- Recommend expenditures, specify equipment, source vendors and supportcontracting for capital projects.
- Define and manage multiple operational improvement initiatives concurrently.
- Effectively manage multiple projects across multiple facilities in the organization.
- Measure and monitor performance across multiple facilities on a continuous basis to identify improvement opportunities, to maintain process control, and ensure that improvement benefits are realized.
- Share best practice documentation, tools and key learning's across the organization.
- Inform and seek guidance from the Operational Excellence Steering Committee.
- Inform and seek approval from the Head of Operational Excellence.
- Meets TKMNA Employee Attributes / Competencies
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,responsibilitiesor requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional level experience with demonstrated success in driving large scale manufacturing improvement projects with evidence of increased productivity and cost savings.
- Minimum of 5 years of Plant Management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Functional experience in production planning, inventory management and warehousing, preferably in an SAP ERP environment and using SAP WM.
- Experience in planning for and executing capital projects to improve material handling, inventory storage and retrieval, machine setup and utilization, product/service quality, safety, and information management.
- Demonstrated competency in advanced project planning and management.
- Exposure to labor relations, safety programs and ISO standards.
- Ability to lead and direct an improvement projects.
- Group facilitation and trainer/instructor skills.
- Ability to learn and perform statistical analysis.
- Aptitude for financial analysis and applying basic financial principles.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside of the company.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.